Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full Review Hudson H9

9 hours ago, Sniperboy said:

Read your review yesterday over lunch Patrick.  Thanks for writing it and taking the time to produce the video.  Always a pleasure to watch - so calming and soothing LOL : )

You are most welcome and I am known for my stoic nature. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a few offered to me as trades and have held off until I was able to develop more info.

Now that I have more info, it would appear that I would need to shoot the individual pistol first before I would move forward

9 minutes ago, safarihunter said:

I've had a few offered to me as trades and have held off until I was able to develop more info.

Now that I have more info, it would appear that I would need to shoot the individual pistol first before I would move forward

I did not have that luxury.  I have to fix it if only to sell it.

36 minutes ago, Akkid17 said:

Have you had a chance to pinpoint what is causing the accuracy issues/needing to be fixed?

From what his review shows, it looks to be the same thing that gives M&Ps a bad rep as far as accuracy, particularly with heavier bullets.

The slide barely has to move back at all before the barrel unlocks. Apex’s gunsmith and semi drop-in barrels both fix this issue in an M&P by placing a long pad above the locking block that you have to fit to your individual gun. It roughly triples how far the slide travels to the rear before unlocking, and took my old M&P’s 147gr black bullet groups from a 7.5” shotgun pattern... to a pinch under 2 inches.

40857B6E-AD26-4424-A58F-7B25ABCB82F7.jpeg.9122d9c96d0e77508ae24dc23b191827.jpeg

This extended lug is the area I’m referring to. Upon fitting the barrel, you have to meticulously file this down until it has enough clearance for the barrel to barely wedge between the locking block and the bottom of the slide.

The slide has to move backward until that entire pad has moved rearward of the locking block before the barrel can drop free of the slide.

6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

40857B6E-AD26-4424-A58F-7B25ABCB82F7.jpeg.9122d9c96d0e77508ae24dc23b191827.jpeg

This extended lug is the area I’m referring to. Upon fitting the barrel, you have to meticulously file this down until it has enough clearance for the barrel to barely wedge between the locking block and the bottom of the slide.

The slide has to move backward until that entire pad has moved rearward of the locking block before the barrel can drop free of the slide.

Yes, an increase in horizontal dwell time is key!  The H9 does not lock up like a GLock or Smith or CZ or...or ...or

But I am working on a way to improve that dwell time.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Magsz said:

Pat,

Have you brought this to the attention of Hudson?  If so, what have they said?

As was stated in the video and the article....Customer service had already seen, heard, checked, tested and retuned.

Without any noticeable change.