Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great new innovative product ENDOMAG 9mm Conversion - Love it!

I don't really feel confident in the ejector, and the fact that removing the mag then racking the charging handle usually leaves a round in the chamber isn't very great.  That being said I really like the idea of the ENDO conversion in conjunction with a CMMG Guard upper.  The ejector is in the bolt, and from what I have read it's usually reliable right out of the gate with no modifications required.  I have an SBR lower that I would really like to add a guard upper to, and from what I have read the delayed blowback really reduced wear and tear on the trigger and hammer mechanism.  

7 hours ago, BartCarter said:

MoRivera!

Loved your video. 😀

That's not me, LOL!  And I don't mean to bash it here, just a demo of the issues that were brought up a post before it.  Like others have mentioned, I'd probably not use it for competition, but for range plinking it could certainly simplify things.

Plus, as discussed a it earlier I'd have to somehow get 30-rd Mags and I live in a 10-rd restricted state.  So I'll just stick with my Stern Defense adapter and pre-ban Glock Magazines.

Edited by MoRivera
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to assembling one.  Ejector does appear to be unacceptably flimsy. Then, the  Magpul mag body is incompatible with my Spinta 9mm bolts. But, I like the idea enough that I took advantage of Black Friday and have a Guard barrel and bolt on the way... that was an expensive weekend for me with all the sales. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2018 at 8:30 PM, Scooter said:

There are a few issues with the Endomags.

The ejector is too soft. Occasionally it would move in front of the bolt and jam it up. I'm thinking of either applying some RTV or epoxy to stiffen it up, making it almost permanent installation.

2nd issue is even downloaded to 28 rounds, it is super hard to reload with the bolt forward. If the ejector moves on you in the mag pouch, you will never get it to lock. 

Since the ejector is on the mag, ULSC is a different process. You need to leave the mag in place, lock the bolt back, then remove the mag. If you don't do that, you have to manually remove the round from the bolt.

Your 2nd issue is a huge point.  I hadn't considered that since all the test footage always has the mags run dry. 

I acknowledge the issues with the ejector, inserting a magazine with the bolt closed, and performing an unload and show clear, but the big advantage to me is not needing a mag adapter like the Stern Defense one.  Mine runs just fine, but the big issue to me is the use of a different mag release button.  I have too much muscle memory built up to make it feel natural, and under pressure of something like a classifier stage I am too likely to revert to old habits.

Luckily I normally shoot my JP GMR-13, which has a mag release in the "standard" position.