Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mailing a firearm question

It’s about $100 at UPS. No way it’s really $450. I think FFL’s even have to pay more now but it would still be the cheapest route 

Edited by Sarge

I just used  shipmygun.com for the first time a couple weeks back. Worked well & cost me $39.00 to ship a pistol insured at $1000, would have been $29.00 with no insurance, that was a short distance shipment however. 

From now on when I sell a gun I am going to specify that the buyer must use an FFL that accepts from shipmygun or the price will be increased accordingly, besides the fair cost the process is simple. Fill out the stuff on their website, they email you a shipping label file to print, you drop the gun off at Fed-ex (call first to make sure the drop off location accepts guns). 

Oh. Every other option that I have found is a lot cheaper than a private individual paying for it at Fedex. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Handguns must ship two day air by common carrier. They can be shipped FFL to FFL by USPS priority mail, flat rate. USPS is always the cheaper route as long as your FFL doesn't charge an arm and leg for his fee. 

Edited by dthomas1003