Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ANR Designs ANVL P320 Magwell - No permanent modification required

Rudukai13

https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.com/product/p320-anvl-magwell/

Looks interesting. They say it will fit the Fullsize, Carry, and Compact grip modules as long as it's the Medium size. No permanent modification to the gun or grip frame required, seats onto the bottom of the grip module and retains with a screw through the lanyard hole of the grip. Looks to be more of a "minimalist" carry-oriented design than a large competition magwell, but at least it's another option for those wanting to give a magwell a try without cutting up one of your grip modules

IMG_2303.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** - I must retract the statement that this magwell requires no permanent modification, as after multiple trips to the range now it has repeatedly slipped off the front of the grip module within the very first magazine.

The magwell DOES aid in reload speed and gives the grip a much more secure feel in the hand, but in order for it to stay in place it will require the use of epoxy as Springer Precision's magwells do. You can see my Project Nemesis thread for a bit more in-depth discussion of the issue;

IMG_2544.JPG

Edited by Rudukai13

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, paperchasin said:

Will this magwell work with 10 round magazines?

I cant say for certain, though I would suspect the answer is no unless the limited capacity magazines use a standard base pad which can be swapped for the ANR Designs base pad.

That being said, I no longer recommend this magwell over Springer Precision's ESP magwell - The ANVL magwell does not stay in place without some kind of permanent attachment/modification to the grip module (contrary to how it's advertised), and once that factor is considered the Springer options become a more attractive offering