Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO Elite Target vs PM-9

Tampa-XD45

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with JCC.
After buying the PM9, I thought my Sig Max Michele 1911 in 40 wasn't as well built. So, I was bad and thought the PM9 needed a companion. Found one at CZC in 40.

IMG_0025.jpg.06d58fa5633176050c70c83e7dcb0de6.jpg
Man, that's a nice pistol. Dan Wesson doesn't seem to regularly make a 1911 in 40, is that one of the SSC's?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 7/25/2018 at 8:29 AM, Tampa-XD45 said:

To the guys who own the PM9s, whose mags are you running?

I have had good luck with dawson magazines for 1911. If using round-nose bullets, the tripp mags are also very nice, but with 147 flat points I occasionally got the first round to nose-dive.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, jschweg said:

Man, that's a nice pistol. Dan Wesson doesn't seem to regularly make a 1911 in 40, is that one of the SSC's?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes, I got the SSC from CZ Custom a few months back. I got lucky!

• 2 weeks later...

Beware, this thread gets expensive... we have 4 RO Elite Targets in use for our SASP Junior team, and they're good guns for the kids to abuse, they do everything we need em to do... but after reading all the above, I just ordered a PM-9 for myself ?

15 minutes ago, jpm2953 said:

PM9’s never seem to come up for sale used around me. I’d love to find one. I have a couple Springfield’s but the PM9 just seems perfect 

There are a couple on gunbroker right now at $1170... but after cc fees and shipping, they're $1250... so for $100 extra I went with new, a 5-year factory warranty at $20/yr seems like a deal.

On 8/18/2018 at 5:39 PM, Kilrb said:

I bought mine on Gunbroker as well about a year ago. They seem to have gone up since I bought mine, as stated above you never seem to see these go up for sale used.

i'm not selling mine. it's one of the few guns I own that I'm sure I'll keep until my heirs have to fight over it.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:32 PM, motosapiens said:

i'm not selling mine. it's one of the few guns I own that I'm sure I'll keep until my heirs have to fight over it.

Same here this is a keeper 

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I can weigh in on this now that I bought a PM9. 

The DW is a much nicer and more refined pistol. The average guy that’s shoots twice a year might not get it but if you have enough experience with 1911’s, there is a night and day difference. 

All bar stock parts is a big deal plus the fit and finish is just top notch.  Dang accurate too. 1 ragged hole at 12 yards this morning. My Range Officer could never do that. 

I haven’t done anything to My DW besides a Magwell and grips. 

0F256E2C-F20B-49D0-8275-22C768C2EE0B.jpeg

That SSC looks awesome! If you were to play the games (IDPA / USPSA) which would be a better choice SSC or PM9?

I don't care about the ambi safety, the magwell will need to be replaced as well... so perhaps the PM9 is a better value?

Edited by LowBoost

I had a PM9 and regret selling it. I also have 2 DW's in .40L SSC and a Marksman 40 from the DW custom shop. Hands down, the nicest 1911s I've owned. Fit and finish is impeccable and DW is easy to deal with if there is an issue. 

RE: SSC or PM9 for IDPA/USPSA/SC, If you want to score major, SSC. I replaced the magwell on mine with a Dawson Ice and have been totally happy. 

On 7/25/2018 at 8:50 AM, rlrock said:

I agree with JCC.

After buying the PM9, I thought my Sig Max Michele 1911 in 40 wasn't as well built. So, I was bad and thought the PM9 needed a companion. Found one at CZC in 40.

IMG_0025.jpg

Could you compare the PM-9 to the SSC? Interested in the SSC, but wondering if it's worth the extra cost vs PM-9.