Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 STI DVC Limited reviews?

beta1759

My Atlas Titan has been boringly reliable over 30k rounds and very accurate.

I don't think it's making me a better shooter over my old STI Edge tho. I would like to see what an Edge feels like with a PT grip tho. 

I think that would be an interesting comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

My first and only 2011 is the first DVC in 9mm and have been unbelievably impressed, i do have a friend with an nemesis and its also incredible. For me the value of the dvc (2400) was the best I could find. a heavier grip would be cool although i really like everything about it. i added an extended mag release, the new one look just as amazing although i cant imagine much of a difference. 

From a practical perspective, what is the difference between STI DVC 3-gun and DVC Limited?

The only difference I can see from their website is the Limited is available in .40, but, I want to shoot 9mm; Limited is offered in chrome, which I don't care; and Limited does not have a pic rail, which I don't care.

I currently shoot single stack but I want to move to limited. Is the STI 3-gun legal for USPSA limited?  Are there any major benefits to one or the other for limited?  

Thanks

5 hours ago, jerryz said:

From a practical perspective, what is the difference between STI DVC 3-gun and DVC Limited?

The only difference I can see from their website is the Limited is available in .40, but, I want to shoot 9mm; Limited is offered in chrome, which I don't care; and Limited does not have a pic rail, which I don't care.

I currently shoot single stack but I want to move to limited. Is the STI 3-gun legal for USPSA limited?  Are there any major benefits to one or the other for limited?  

Thanks

DVC 3G is a 5.4 barrel and you can see where it is not a full length dust cover and it has a tac rail for a light. Standard barrel with a bushing. Black w/TiN Barrel

DVC Limited is a 5'" bushingless bull barrel with a full length dust cover and no tac rail. Hard Crome w/TiN Bull Barrel

I have a DVC Limited in 9mm that I shoot 3G with and USPSA minor, limited. The DVC 3G should be good to go as well. I ordered the DVC Limited when it came out only to see the 3G unveiled at shot show. DTI reps said that they are basically an even trade unless you prefer the longer 5.4 sight radius. With the Limited you get more weight in the frame and a bull barrel, 3G you get a longer barrel with a tac-rail. So do you shoot night matches? I might be putting my DVC Limited up on classified soon, its a fantastic gun, but I moved on to an Atlas.

On 9/24/2018 at 5:57 AM, jerryz said:

Thanks

if you want to shoot 9mm in limited, you are agreeing to donate significant numbers of points to your opponent.

• 1 year later...

Hi Folks, as we are on DVC I hoped someone can assist with a question regarding red dot sights?

I have a DVC Carry and am looking at putting a red dot sight on it. My only concern is that I cant test a sight on it, have to ship and am wondering if anyone knows whether a Leupold DPP will fit or a Sig Romeo 1x30 will?

Any help appreciated!

I can’t speak for the new dvc
but I’ve been shooting a island barrel limited pistol and totally love it

as far as a huge difference from a slide mounted site to a barrel mounted not anything significant 
I agree with what others have said a steel grip would be better then island barrel and if you like the DVC grip just get one on a brozos tuned edge or get a brazos tuned dvc 

• 3 weeks later...

The island barrel has been discontinued on the dvc line as I believe there were cracking issues. I own a dvc island barrel and have had 0 issues. As for a flatter shooting gun, it seems like the sight block is the way to go instead of lighting the slide. Atlas and Phoenix trinity have them and they are both incrediable flat shooting guns