Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need to know if a 40 barrle will work in a 9mm slide

Gridlock

I have a tanfo extreme elite custom limited  9mm 

wanting to go back to shooting 40 don't have the money to but the conversion kit  but able to buy the barrel and mags.

I hate to sell it but have been thinking of doing a trade but I haven't fully decided  yet on that  .

any ideas 

8 hours ago, Gridlock said:

I have a tanfo extreme elite custom limited  9mm 

wanting to go back to shooting 40 don't have the money to but the conversion kit  but able to buy the barrel and mags.

I hate to sell it but have been thinking of doing a trade but I haven't fully decided  yet on that  .

any ideas 

It is possible to open up the breach face though on the slide in order to accept a .40 and make it work. 

12 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

It is possible to open up the breach face though on the slide in order to accept a .40 and make it work. 

I bet that smart, good looking, talented guy at Patriot Defense could do it!

But if you open up a 9mm slide on the breacface to .40 dimensions to fit a .40 barrel, aren’t you know fitting a .40 to a .40? ?

( I had a 1911 once that started life as a 9mm, previous owner had breacface opened to .40, and them when I bought it it had just been opened up to .45. Bailey did all the work btw.)

But typically .40 barrels won’t fit in a 9mm slide without this breachface work.