Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ tso Trigger delay

skyjumper

1 minute ago, skyjumper said:

Hi, The owner of the gun range thinks it is my reloads that are the problem and wants me to buy his factory ammo and has also said I should have bought a glock.

I don't know what the problem is with the gun that is why I came to this forum for some tip. I can't shoot it right now because I had shoulder surgery to my strong arm right.

You might want to consider finding a new range.

The owner is a moron.  Don't take advice from morons.  He's basically trying to con you into buying ammo from him.  Pretty shady if you ask me....

I suspect it's one of two problems:

1). Over travel screw is backed in too far.  While this may feel better, you want avoid it and heed the warning about the sear damage.  You should not be able to feel the hammer hook against the sear with the trigger pulled, when you manipulate the hammer between cocked and uncocked.

2) you are bumping the safety slightly with your off hand on recoil.  If you end up with a dead trigger.  Check the safety is down all the way.  It doesn't take much leeway of the safety's position for it to engage. 

Actually re-reading it.  I'm almost certain if the over travel screw was set too far, CZ guys in KC for warranty service,  would have backed it out to where it should be.

I'm guessing he's bumping the safety on recoil with the knuckle of his thumb joint of his off hand.  The way he describes it sounds very similar to my initial issue with it, and I ended up chasing down many different leads before I figured it out.

Hi, Guys

I just came  back from northern  Wis. I took my tso with so my buddy could shoot it. I did what you guy's were saying I backed out the overtravel screw. My buddy put 60 rounds through it with on problem & I put 40 rounds through it shooting weak hand no problem.

Thanks  

On 9/14/2018 at 2:11 PM, skyjumper said:

Hi, Guys

I just came  back from northern  Wis. I took my tso with so my buddy could shoot it. I did what you guy's were saying I backed out the overtravel screw. My buddy put 60 rounds through it with on problem & I put 40 rounds through it shooting weak hand no problem.

Thanks  

Glad to hear it is running for you now.

Enjoy!

• 7 months later...
On 5/4/2019 at 1:37 PM, Kneedtospeed said:

The problem is your Car.

You need to buy a new used car from my lot, and your gun will shoot fine.

That, or adjust your ot screw, like a million others have suggested.

He figured it out nearly a year ago.

4 hours ago, Kneedtospeed said:

Sometimes the questions hurt so bad, they Need to be answered a year later, just to relieve the pressure.

all   posts from the 1st.  best comedy in the desert.😀

Edited by yigal