Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ tso Trigger delay

skyjumper

Hi I just bought a used  CZ TSO first thing I noticed the magazine base plates was two hole the one for the lock the other was a screw that was cut and wax poured over the sharp.

I then took it to the range to shoot  I used 9mm reloads 124 gr. flat point, I also shot factory made bullets. The problem started after a few rounds. I would squeeze the trigger an it would not fire then it would discharge, this happened with factory and my reloads.

I was very disappointed and thought this gun would be like my cz  Shadow 2 it eats up everything I feed it

Has anyone else had this problem?

I think desert tortoise has it right.

Take a very close look at your pretravel and over travel screws on yer trigger. It is very common that thee may be set, or have moved, to a position that doesn't allow the gun to reset well. They can walk around a bit, especially if gun has a lot of oil on these parts. I would clean it well, set them up, then use a dab of blue loctite.

There needs to be a little pretravel for it all to clear and let trigger bow slide up and reset. Also, leave enough over travel so that when you pin the trigger back, you can move hammer with thumb through it's full arc of travel and have no contact with sear. Check carefully. Hopefully this is your problem, because its a simple fix.

No idea about magazines, maybe a picture can help us there.

Hi, I just shot my TSO today,  shot a hundred rounds, I only used 1 magazine with 5 rounds of different ammo 124gr. reloads & 115 factory. It might shoot all 5 or may 2 rounds before the trigger would be hard to squeeze & no discharge, I would  take finger off trigger then touch trigger again & it would or would not discharge this even happen with factory loads. Not knowing if this gun was going to fire or not fire feels very unsafe. I sent this back to CZ.

I think it just needs more over travel. I don't think you have a problem gun and I'm sure CZ / CZ custom will take care of it, but it's an easy fix. If the adjustment screw is set to the very limit over time it can work it's way out to where it's not functioning. This will feel like you are really pulling hard (15lbs+) and then it fires finally then it may not reset

https://czcustom.com/knowledge-base/general/how-do-i-adjust-the-over-travel-screw-on-cz-pistols.html 

Edited by DesertTortoise

Gun is fine, lol. Just needs trigger adjustment as I mentioned and desert tortoise mentioned. When you get it back you are going to need to learn and understand what these two screws do. 

I learned not to take out all the trigger over-travel. Set trig OT screw plus one half turn so the sear clears the hammer hooks. 

If you pull and hold the trigger and rock the hammer back and forth, the sear should not touch the hammer hooks. Otherwise sear/hammer hook DAMAGE WILL OCCUR.

3 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

I learned not to take out all the trigger over-travel. Set trig OT screw plus one half turn so the sear clears the hammer hooks.

If you pull and hold the trigger and rock the hammer back and forth, the sear should not touch the hammer hooks. Otherwise sear/hammer hook DAMAGE WILL OCCUR.

CZ Customs has a procedure- https://czcustom.com/knowledge-base/how-to-install-a/cz-trigger-over-travel-screw-test.html

Indeed. As I said several posts up.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the insight about the trigger set screw. Can this screw move on it's own? and I bought it used. 

The  owner of the gun shop that sent it out told me it was because I was using reloads & that he had 31 years in the business and knows that is the cause of the problem. I told him that I shot Remington 115 gr. he said I needed better ammo so I had to buy federal 115 which also malfunctioned. I hope when I get this gun back that it will eat all my reloads my like my CZ Shadow2 does.   

15 hours ago, skyjumper said:

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the insight about the trigger set screw. Can this screw move on it's own?

The set screws in the stock plastic trigger seem to hold their position much better than those in metal triggers where many recommend loctite.

Just now, robert.a.brewer. said:

The set screws in the stock plastic trigger seem to hold their position much better than those in metal triggers where many recommend loctite.

Thats the main reason I didn’t replace mine with the aluminum trigger. The polymer/plastic trigger holds/clamps the setscrew in place.

18 hours ago, skyjumper said:

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the insight about the trigger set screw. Can this screw move on it's own? and I bought it used. 

The  owner of the gun shop that sent it out told me it was because I was using reloads & that he had 31 years in the business and knows that is the cause of the problem. I told him that I shot Remington 115 gr. he said I needed better ammo so I had to buy federal 115 which also malfunctioned. I hope when I get this gun back that it will eat all my reloads my like my CZ Shadow2 does.   

Don't talk to that guy anymore. 

Here is the quote from my earlier post, please read it again:

" It is very common that these may be set, or have moved, to a position that doesn't allow the gun to reset well. They can walk around a bit, especially if gun has a lot of oil on these parts.  I would clean it well, set them up, then use a dab of blue loctite."

• 1 month later...

Hi, Guy's

NoKimberDave, so when I clean this gun I need to watch it so oil does not run down on the trigger? 

I try not to touch those parts on the gun if I don't need to just because I don't understand ever thing about them.{ I didn't know the damage it could cause to your sear.} What I learned from you guy's today.  I just try to learn to learn where the break point is for the gun.

Hi Guy's

I just picked up my tso that I had sent in for repair, the guy's at the range said they put a 150 rds  of 115 gr. through it and it worked just fine & the guy's from cz said it was fine and no adjustments?

I want to shoot it tomorrow using my 124gr. reloads.  I had no problem putting 124 /115 gr. through my shadow 2 so I thought the tso would be the same? 

Ron

You never answered this question... My guess is it's option 1

On 7/18/2018 at 9:42 PM, muncie21 said:

OP- not clear if you're saying that there's a delay in the hammer dropping after you pull the trigger or the hammer drops immediately and there's a delay in the round dischargin  i.e. hang fire

Hi,

What would happen is I would shoot a round the shell ejected & reload hammer is cocked and ready to fire squeeze the trigger and hammer would not fall even with pressure on trigger, release trigger squeeze again and it might fire. I might be able to shoot the next 5,10, rounds with no problem?

So It has been in the repair shop and maybe 150 rounds through it since it has been back and I have not shot it wet. 

Before this gun was sent in I shot factory 115 gr. and my 124 gr. reloads and the gun malfunction for both bullet?

Ron

2 hours ago, skyjumper said:

Hi,

What would happen is I would shoot a round the shell ejected & reload hammer is cocked and ready to fire squeeze the trigger and hammer would not fall even with pressure on trigger, release trigger squeeze again and it might fire. I might be able to shoot the next 5,10, rounds with no problem?

So It has been in the repair shop and maybe 150 rounds through it since it has been back and I have not shot it wet. 

Before this gun was sent in I shot factory 115 gr. and my 124 gr. reloads and the gun malfunction for both bullet?

Ron

If the hammer isn't falling when you pull the trigger why do you think it would be the ammo?

As others have stated you need to adjust the pre travel screw. I had a brand new TS from the factory that would not reliably reset every time. All I did was turn the screw out a fraction of a turn and it has ran 100%. Close to 3-4K rounds. 

Hi, The owner of the gun range thinks it is my reloads that are the problem and wants me to buy his factory ammo and has also said I should have bought a glock.

I don't know what the problem is with the gun that is why I came to this forum for some tip. I can't shoot it right now because I had shoulder surgery to my strong arm right.