Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

About to take the dive on a custom 2011 for limited

Eddie Garcia and Eddie Cameron build very nice guns.  If you shoot Rio Salado you will find their guns being shot.  Eddie shootsTNS and the local matches.  You can get a boat load of local references.  Matt McLearn is not local but about an hour away.  I believe all three have had national champions shoot their guns as do local GMs. & Et. Al.

These guys are local and do outstanding work. You cannot beat outstanding local service. 

IF you have the time contact Kodiak Precision for truly outstanding guns.  Don Golembieski is my gunsmith--not just a pistolsmith.  He does it all, pistol, rifles, shotguns.  He excels as a shooter in all disciplines. He is very well know in the upper echelons of shooting. At one time he was one of three gunsmiths who would get SV frames and slides.

Edited by pjb45

14 minutes ago, pjb45 said:

Eddie Garcia and Eddie Cameron build very nice guns.  If you shoot Rio Salado you will find their guns being shot.  Eddie shootsTNS and the local matches.  You can get a boat load of local references.  Matt McLearn is not local but about an hour away.  I believe all three have had national champions shoot their guns as do local GMs. & Et. Al.

These guys are local and do outstanding work. You cannot beat outstanding local service. 

IF you have the time contact Kodiak Precision for truly outstanding guns.  Don Golembieski is my gunsmith--not just a pistolsmith.  He does it all, pistol, rifles, shotguns.  He excels as a shooter in all disciplines. He is very well know in the upper echelons of shooting. At one time he was one of three gunsmiths who would get SV frames and slides.

Don is just an all around good guy.

I currently own a couple of infinities, one sight tracker limited with a Steel grip, the other is a standard barrel with an older plastic grip. They are both very nice shooters but they have a different feel. I prefer the sight tracker even though its significantly heavier it slows my draw down a little bit.  Ive just ordered an Atlas nemesis, I should have it in about a month. I'll try to do a comparison when the Atlas comes in. I love the bling of the SVIs, but they take incredibly long to acquire. I think the wait is 18 months now. 

I don't know that after a certain build level on the master pistol smith level,  you're getting anything more than minor tweaks to aesthetics and minute changes in feel of the cycling of the gun. Just my opinion. If all the guns run, get the one that appeals to you the most. 

It would be impossible to deny that SV is on a level of their own when it comes to looks/finish.  Obviously that comes at a price...time/money.  The most important thing to me is that the pistol has to run flawlessly and be accurate.  You don't have to spend 5K or wait 18 months to get one that meets that requirement.

On 7/18/2018 at 3:22 PM, CHA-LEE said:

This forum has a mountain of threads on this very topic. Use the search function and find all of the answers you are looking for.

CHA-Lee, this is great information, however the mods of this forum punish you for doing just that, I use the search function to find all kinds of info on here instead of asking the same questions that have been covered hundreds of times.... Turns out, if you do that and then post to the classifieds the mods shut you down because they say you do not contribute....   How many times can you make replies to the same questions.... lol

Edited by Justinmac13

Try to find a good deal on a used one. 

Just so happens I know a guy who's considering getting out of limited and selling both his Atlas Titans..... 

Edited by B_RAD

On 7/24/2018 at 2:16 PM, CodyAxon said:

I went with Atlas because of the two month lead time on a Titan. I now have two and they're great.

I just got to try out a Titan belonging to one of my friends - I'm really into the inclusion of the Evo grip.  If I could get some trigger time on a Nemesis, I might be sold.

3 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

You will most likely be very happy with your purchase......

I am! I got to test it out at the range today with some factory ammo and I'm in love.  I have the dies and whatnot on the way and am excited to test some lower power ammo through it. Based on advertised for ammo I was using today was around 190k PF so once I develop my own loads it should be gravy 

Atlas make absolutely wonderufl guns. Ive got to play with one a few weeks ago and its ran so nice. Its also nie because the wait on them isnt as bad as some of the other custom guns out there. Id also look at a CK Arms Hardcore or a Shay Acai thats in stock somewhere.

Atlas make absolutely wonderufl guns. Ive got to play with one a few weeks ago and its ran so nice. Its also nie because the wait on them isnt as bad as some of the other custom guns out there. Id also look at a CK Arms Hardcore or a Shay Acai thats in stock somewhere.

On 7/29/2018 at 10:05 PM, m-cz-shadow-2 said:

I am! I got to test it out at the range today with some factory ammo and I'm in love.  I have the dies and whatnot on the way and am excited to test some lower power ammo through it. Based on advertised for ammo I was using today was around 190k PF so once I develop my own loads it should be gravy 

this gun looks awesome!  Suddenly I'm no longer *quite* as enamored with my Edge as I was a week or two ago...

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, B_RAD said:

Try to find a good deal on a used one. 

Just so happens I know a guy who's considering getting out of limited and selling both his Atlas Titans..... 

And who might this guy be as I happen to know a guy who might want one. lol

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, m-cz-shadow-2 said:

Well I ended up getting a FGW 2011 when browsing the classifieds here cause the deal was too good to pass up.  Pic for posterity 

https://imgur.com/a/4JRcWt9

Regardless thanks for all the input! 

FGW makes some nice guns and it should serve you well, enjoy it. My FGW open has been a shooter!