Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any love for the new Stock 1 ?

IHAVEGAS

I held one last week in 9mm.  At first I thought the finger grooves on the front strap would bother me, but I ended up not even noticing them when I gripped the gun firmly.  Seems like a viable option for IDPA.  With the full size dust cover adding extra weight the only problem I see with it in IDPA is having to be extra conscious on all the other parts in order to come in at or under 43oz.  I like Henning grips and mag basepads on my Lim Pro, and I'm sure that combination would make the new Stock I go over the weight limit.  Of course a PD light weight guide rod would counteract some of the added weight.

All in all it felt like any other Tanfo...  Tanfastic :)

On 7/18/2018 at 3:09 PM, V2plus25 said:

All in all it felt like any other Tanfo...  Tanfastic :)

That is a problem :) .

Thanks.

For the moment, given that it has a fixed rear sight it seems like an $800.00 delivered gun masquerading as a $1000.00 delivered gun due to lack of supply. Fun to have something to keep an eye on though. 

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Thanks.

For the moment, given that it has a fixed rear sight it seems like an $800.00 delivered gun masquerading as a $1000.00 delivered gun due to lack of supply. Fun to have something to keep an eye on though. 

Agreed. I wish they would have kept the adjustable sight and checkering. It's priced with the Stock II without the chrome, bull barrel and sight. I think they missed the market. And the anticipated new Lim Pro is a small frame, no chrome. Might as well get a CZ. Another miss.

Agreed with OpenB the only draw the new Lim Pro has is balance. I have/had (selling) a Shadow 2, with the standard barrel, heavier slide, and rail up front, the balance is too much on the nose.

Hopefully the price point will be ~$100 cheaper than the Stock 2's but I doubt it.

@IHAVEGAS I think the Stock 1 would be a great IDPA gun but as mentioned, it's on the high end of price for the end product.

Edited by SCTaylor

5 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Thanks.

Actually, i prefer a nice FIXED rear sight. One less thing to worry about as they arw are more robust.  and after initial zero, I've never had to re-zero. Plus, i would buy a different front fiber anyway.

Just one opinion

Edited by johnbu

To each their own, I think I have seen more front sight failures than rear (i.e. do you see anything on the ground? , who would have thought that thin front would break from just a bump on that port?) but I can't argue with trying to maximize reliability. What makes me crazy though is having $'s invested in a very accurate gun and not being able to get it zeroed in as well as possible or tweak it easily if I decide I like a different load recipe. 

All that stuff aside, fixed should be cheaper. 

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’m with you @johnbu. A fixed rear sight a feature, not a bug. Adjustable rears are a failure point I don’t desire.

I was one to worry about rear sights but I got over that pretty quickly, they last a long time. for me having the practically to dial a load is a plus, although I do not do it very often, I like that it is there.

If it was a carry pistol, I would certainly look for a fixed set up.

LPA dropped right in.  Nice Fit. No big deal.  Love the gun now that I can sight it correctly. 

BTW:  Originally when I found the factory sights did now work for me, I decided to make it a carry optic.
Bought the mount from EGW, but when I tried to install it, if found the radius on the top of the slide made it impossible.
That is when I decided to install the LPA.

3 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

The new lim pros are coming in hard chrome now...... just an FYI 

AWESOME!!!  Guess I'd better start stocking up on small frame mags.  Any idea when you guys will be getting them in?

Pictures, or it is not happening (internet rule) ?.  HC should open up the market to a whole lot of people who just like slick looking guns. 

Wonder if it will be hard chrome only or if there will still be some blue guns? 

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Pictures, or it is not happening (internet rule) ?.  HC should open up the market to a whole lot of people who just like slick looking guns. 

Wonder if it will be hard chrome only or if there will still be some blue guns? 

BOOOOM

1.jpg

2.jpg

• 1 month later...