Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

T/C R22 Rifle

robert3405

My father-in-law bought a new T/C R22 rifle this past weekend.  First I'd ever seen this new release from T/C.  All I gotta say is I was really impressed.  The Magpul stock fits like a glove and the fiber optic sight is really nice.  He put a Vortex Venom on it and intends to start shooting Steel Challenge with us at our local match.  They sell for around $350 and seem to be a nice rifle.  Very, very similar to a 10/22 action.  

I only got to give it a quick once over.  My father-in-law stopped by on his way home from the gun shop.  The press releases on it say it will use Ruger 10/22 magazines but the last round hold open will only work with the proprietary T/C mags.  I could care less about LRHO for SCSA.  

I saw an ad for this the other day and thought it might make a good RFRI gun.  Just wasn’t sure how useful the rear sight would be with the way that peep is located near/in the picatinny railing. I’d be very curious to hear how that works out and maybe see some good pics of that area.  

I saw an ad for this the other day and thought it might make a good RFRI gun.  Just wasn’t sure how useful the rear sight would be with the way that peep is located near/in the picatinny railing. I’d be very curious to hear how that works out and maybe see some good pics of that area.  

8031cf67914ede07c65bb67bf9ba3832.png
This is how my rfri is set up also ,,, it works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

What's the advantage over a Ruger 10-22 ?

An out of the box 10/22 needs a fair amountt of work to get it into fighting shape.  This might be an option for someone who just wants to buy a gun and shoot it without doing thier own customization work, and for a lot less money than a “boutique” gun.  Just haven’t seen enough of these at the matches to tell if it’s a wise choice.  

Edited by jkrispies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, lawboy said:

I just ordered a PMACA chassis and I am looking hard at the R22 for the donor gun. I would keep the barrel and I like the integral receiver rail, receiver-mounted peep sight, and rear clean out hole in receiver.  They are $329 locally so price is right. 

You literally just described what I was thinking of doing for a RFRI gun. If you do it, please report how the cheek weld to rear sight height works out. 

On 10/25/2018 at 1:19 PM, JonSnow said:

I've tried a handful of speed loaders for 10/22 mags and haven't found a single one that works reliably.  If someone started making one they'd definitely have my money.

The makers of the UPLULA centerfire magazine loaders just announced a two part loader and unloader for all the Ruger 10/22 factory magazines including the BX10, 15 and 25.  Midway shows them for $36 but as "backordered" but the UPLULA site says they are shipping.  If they work as well as their other loaders, we are   going to be in clover.

Here is midway's listing: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/712280/maglula-lula-magazine-loader-and-unloader-ruger-10-22-22-long-rifle-polymer-black

8 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

The makers of the UPLULA centerfire magazine loaders just announced a two part loader and unloader for all the Ruger 10/22 factory magazines including the BX10, 15 and 25.  Midway shows them for $36 but as "backordered" but the UPLULA site says they are shipping.  If they work as well as their other loaders, we are   going to be in clover.

Here is midway's listing: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/712280/maglula-lula-magazine-loader-and-unloader-ruger-10-22-22-long-rifle-polymer-black

Looks cool, but... $36???

Edited by jkrispies

51 minutes ago, jkrispies said:

Looks cool, but... $36???

How much do extra mags cost?

How much for a compensator? Optic? Chasis? Match fees? Ammo? Gas?

$36 is pretty reasonable for something you only have to buy once.

Edited by Matt1911

7 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

That's about what the centerfire UPLULA lists for.  If it works, it's worth it.

7 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

That's about what the centerfire UPLULA lists for.  If it works, it's worth it.

Chances are I’ll end up with one, but we’re talking about an ounce of polymer that they are going form out by the tens of thousands.  I need to buy stock in that company.  

It's not the amount of plastic in it, it's the work to design it, make the molds, package it, etc.  What does the steel and wood or plastic  in your firearms actually cost?  Maybe $3 total. 

I'll probably buy one too but I want them on the market long enough to be sure they work before going for it.  I don't want to be a beta tester.    However, their centerfire loaders are wonderful so I hope this is as good.