Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What slugs for Dissident?

apetrulis01

Fiocchi 1 oz 1300 low recoil is my preferred in my vepr. Federal is good also, but I have trouble finding them sometimes. I just order Fiocchi from Sportsmans guide, they normally have them stock. 

2 hours ago, mike4045 said:

Fiocchi 1 oz 1300 low recoil is my preferred in my vepr. Federal is good also, but I have trouble finding them sometimes. I just order Fiocchi from Sportsmans guide, they normally have them stock. 

I will check sportsman's guide. That is the problem with slugs that aren't deer, finding then to buy them. 

20 hours ago, mike4045 said:

Which Fiocchi are you using? The only 1oz I have been able to find are 1150fps & 1560fps. Would love to find another option since the accuracy of the federal isn’t great. 

2 hours ago, Suff said:

Which Fiocchi are you using? The only 1oz I have been able to find are 1150fps & 1560fps. Would love to find another option since the accuracy of the federal isn’t great. 

1 oz 1300 fps. I don't have a part number on me. I can check later after work. Usually about $60 for 80 slugs from sportsmans guide.

• 1 month later...

In my KL-12 I found the Fiocchi 1oz 1150fps to be most consistent POA/POI (triangle DPP tip POA) out to about 75yds but i havent run a fully loaded mag of slugs yet, just checked relative zero. But them mine cycles even super light birdshot so i'll be a little surprised if she's temperamental about it.

Any 1oz at 1300 runs fine loaded up though.

• 1 month later...

just to update my most recent experience with fiocchi slugs, top slug in a staged shotgun empty chamber bolt closed got deformed while waiting for me to arrive and wouldnt chamber. it got very ovaled because there's nothing in the last 3/16" or so of the hull.  once operational i was 1 for 1 so they shoot great. i havent had that problem with federal 1oz low recoils before but i've run them only a couple times.  i may try some hot glue in the end of the fiocchi hull to hold it round and test for POI change

9 hours ago, DavidSeavey said:

just to update my most recent experience with fiocchi slugs, top slug in a staged shotgun empty chamber bolt closed got deformed while waiting for me to arrive and wouldnt chamber. it got very ovaled because there's nothing in the last 3/16" or so of the hull.  once operational i was 1 for 1 so they shoot great. i havent had that problem with federal 1oz low recoils before but i've run them only a couple times.  i may try some hot glue in the end of the fiocchi hull to hold it round and test for POI change

Dillon Precision carries B&P slugs by the box of 25. They are very accurate. I'd get a box and try them.

On 10/31/2018 at 8:45 PM, DavidSeavey said:

10rd mag?  12rd mag?  12rd with 13 stuffed in it?  Was it hot out?  A lot of guys are putting shells in coolers now to keep the hulls stiff.  I haven't tried close bolt with 12rds in the mag.  But a staged gun loaded with slugs and 11 in the mag, I have not experienced any issues.

10 hours ago, joelogic said:

10rd mag?  12rd mag?  12rd with 13 stuffed in it?  Was it hot out?  A lot of guys are putting shells in coolers now to keep the hulls stiff.  I haven't tried close bolt with 12rds in the mag.  But a staged gun loaded with slugs and 11 in the mag, I have not experienced any issues.

I believe it was 14 slugs in my 15rd mag to keep it less than fully sprung on a closed bolt with 6 on my belt in a backup 12. It was probably about 55* out and I always freeze my birdshot overnight and keep it in a cooler with ice packs durng the match with near zero malfunctions, but the slugs might have only made it into the cooler the morning of. 

On 7/16/2018 at 8:42 AM, Davidp1911 said:

Плоские сливы Fiocchi должны работать хорошо. Я использую их в своем Origin 12 - стреляет мягко и очень точно 

I agree with you, I do exactly the same

• 2 weeks later...