Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun first match for me, in California?

HI Ya, I am getting ready for my first ever 3 Gun.match.

I have 10 years doing Steel Madness, matches. its kinda sorta like IPSC with few rules.

i have an AR15, a CZ75B-SA and all the accouterments( you know, holster etc). more than enough .223's and 9mm. 

what else do i need to know?

Edited by Max It

37 minutes ago, Max It said:

HI Ya, I am getting ready for my first ever 3 Gun.match.

I have 10 years doing Steel Madness, matches.

So what do i need to know?

i have an AR15, a CZ75B-SA and all the accouterments( you know, holster etc).

You may want to bring a shotgun ?

HI Ya Chuck, i posted in a hurry. 

The main reason I am trying this out is that with the match we are allowed to shoot any one gun or two guns for the whole match. I dont have a shotgun that would do any good. And I am not likely to get one any time soon. But thanks for thinking of it.

4 minutes ago, Max It said:

HI Ya Chuck, i posted in a hurry. 

The main reason I am trying this out is that with the match we are allowed to shoot any one gun or two guns for the whole match. I dont have a shotgun that would do any good. And I am not likely to get one any time soon. But thanks for thinking of it.

Where is the match?

for most of the local matches i do, i bring a 30 round pmag filled with 223 per stage (prob not allowed in cali but you get the drift) and then 25-30 rounds of pistol per stage and 20-25 shotgun shells per stage.  your match is showing 5 stages.  to be safe, bring 2x that and just leave it in your car to grab during the match if needed.

Matches usually post what you need for ammo.

Example 

150 rifle

150 pistol

75 bird

5 slugs

Bring double what is says.  I would also make sure you can shoot your 9mm on shotgun targets.  From my experience with 3gun, shooters are always willing to lend you their equipment.  I'm sure if you bring ammo, someone will let you shoot their shotgun.  I've seen guys argue over who was going to let the new guy use their shotgun.

• 4 weeks later...