Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 comp - what are people using in open divisions?

minnesota1

I have a G34 gen 4 MOS and a zev threaded barrel. I was thinking of putting a compensator on it and shooting in an open/unlimited division.  What are the ones that people are running on theirs right now?  Is there one that stands out more than others?  Any input or direction would be appreciated.  

Thanks.

41 minutes ago, minnesota1 said:

I have a G34 gen 4 MOS and a zev threaded barrel. I was thinking of putting a compensator on it and shooting in an open/unlimited division.  What are the ones that people are running on theirs right now?  Is there one that stands out more than others?  Any input or direction would be appreciated.  

Thanks.

Stay with minor PF. Make sure any comp you screw on there is tuned to minor

Let me just give you a piece of advice. I went down this route with my Zev 17. If you don't care about being competitive then do what floats your boat, but if you enjoy competing and trying to actually win your division especially at majors then don't shoot open with a Glock. Has it been done and done right? YES, but you will have problems and it just isn't worth the headache to try and make it compete with a 2011. Just take off your threaded barrel and stick with Carry Optics if want to be competitive, if not then just go have fun and run any comp you want and shoot minor. Primary Machine has the best comp for minor Glocks IMO. I have owned both it and the TBRCI and it is much softer and flatter shooting than the TBRCI.

I've played around with many different variations of comped "carry" glocks (a la P&S "Roland Special" nonsense) and found the KKM barrel/comp combo to be the absolute best in design and in shooting. I have had the TBRCi offerings as well as Primary Machine. The KKM has a superior locking mechanism, with the barrel having machined flats for the set screws to positively engage on. 

For me, I found that the juice was not worth the squeeze even for a carry/fun gun. Unfortunately like the others have said if you're trying to be competitive you'll be far outclassed by the 2011 shooters.