Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laugo Arms Alien

7 hours ago, Bostenelli said:

so is this idpa and uspsa legal for co?

Don't know about IDPA, don't care and if I did their rules are a complete mess anyway

Definitely not legal for CO in USPSA, and it should stay that way for two reasons: it's SAO and the dot doesn't reciprocate with the slide.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, waktasz said:

So is a Walther PPQ

Yeah most striker fired guns are SAO, but striker fired guns are specifically allowed in CO and Production, while hammer fired SAOs, like the Alien, are not. At least according to current rules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 5:55 AM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Don't know about IDPA, don't care and if I did their rules are a complete mess anyway

Definitely not legal for CO in USPSA, and it should stay that way for two reasons: it's SAO and the dot doesn't reciprocate with the slide.

One local guy shoots it in ESP.  I’m assuming that means it’s legal 

19 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

One local guy shoots it in ESP.  I’m assuming that means it’s legal 

If your locak IDPA SO knowledge and rules enforcement is as "good" as it locally to me, don't assume it is.

At my local IDPA matches I see SOs let people skate with all sorts of clearly unacceptable gear.  I'm talking s#!t like full on USPSA belt rigs, 2011s with compensators, and the like.

On 6/11/2022 at 7:11 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

If your locak IDPA SO knowledge and rules enforcement is as "good" as it locally to me, don't assume it is.

At my local IDPA matches I see SOs let people skate with all sorts of clearly unacceptable gear.  I'm talking s#!t like full on USPSA belt rigs, 2011s with compensators, and the like.

You’re completely correct.  Local SO rules knowledge is inconsistent at best.  Unfortunately I’m just a dude who dabbles in IDPA so I don’t know any better than them.

Here’s a guy shooting it at IDPA nationals last year.  I assume that if it’s okay at nationals then it’s G2G elsewhere: 

10 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

You’re completely correct.  Local SO rules knowledge is inconsistent at best.  Unfortunately I’m just a dude who dabbles in IDPA so I don’t know any better than them.

Here’s a guy shooting it at IDPA nationals last year.  I assume that if it’s okay at nationals then it’s G2G elsewhere: 

I wouldn't bet on consistency there either.  Did you know they don't even a have a position or role analogous to our DNROI?

Every area director in IDPA makes his own rule decisions.  What happens when you go to compete in another area?

LOL

• 5 weeks later...

Alien is fine in idpa either version but it’s idpa who cares

uspsa would have to run other flavors in open but locally I doubt anyone will care as I wouldn’t be fast enough to contend with the top 10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 2:58 PM, Russty said:

All these years? It was first unveiled in the US at the 2020 Shot Show.

I know ,I was there . But was actually introduced to the world year before :):)

I guess scamdemic and all delayed the process 

• 4 months later...

I am curious how it performs in IPSC with the adaptor

On 5/16/2022 at 7:01 PM, Zerofade said:

Here are my Aliens, I shoot IPSC - Production Optics.  It is on our production list and the 'Retro Kit' makes it PO compliant.

Aliens.jpg

I am curious how it performs in IPSC.  I assume it can be run in Open category with USPSA and even without the comp it seems like it might run as flat as a pure racer…thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 12:46 AM, Irondaddy said:

I am curious how it performs in IPSC with the adaptor

I am curious how it performs in IPSC.  I assume it can be run in Open category with USPSA and even without the comp it seems like it might run as flat as a pure racer…thoughts?

Shooting minor in Open though...