Height: 5.8-inches
Barrel length: 4.8-inches
Weight (with empty mag): 2.47 pounds
Trigger weight: 2.2 to 5.6 pounds, adjustable by the manufacturer
Magazine capacity: 17

• 4 weeks later...

From their press release on Facebook:
"Dear Laugo Arms friends and supporters,

In 2019 Laugo Arms Czechoslovakia would release ALIEN 9mm pistol for commercial sales.
We will manufacture just a limited edition of 500 pcs worldwide with original serial numbers from 001/500 to 500/500. Official release would take place at IWA exhibition on 8th March 2019 (Hall 3, booth 541) However availability may be different in various countries depending on import process. Especially in the US availability may be slightly delayed but shouldn’t be later than in 7/2019. ALIEN 500 limited edition package would be sold only as fully equipped model with wide range of accessories worth around 1650 USD. These accessories include: 
Red Dot- C MORE RTS 2 
Range Bag- Elornis Industries 
Holster with Heart6 Hinge- Elornis Industries 
One extra magazine with Aluminum pad , Mec-Gar (total 3 magazines)
Aluminum Magwell- Laugo Arms 
Red Dot ready Upper Slide- Laugo Arms
Iron Sights Upper Slide- Laugo Arms
Cleaning kit 
Manufacturers Sales Recommended Price is 5000 USD +-10% can be slightly different in various countries based on different taxes and import costs.
Next week we will publish first group of distributors for some countries."

Edited by Weapon

Just and additional info for this insanely overpriced piece of metal :

Manufacturers Sales Recommended Price is 5000 USD +-10% can be slightly different in various countries based on different taxes and import costs. 

These accessories include: 
Red Dot- C MORE RTS 2 
Cleaning kit 

🤮🤮😂😂

Very disappointed. Was looking forward to this. The release says there are $1650 worth of assessories. Even taking those out it makes $3350 for the pistol. I wasn’t expecting Glock price point but didn’t expect 5 times the price either. 

Yeah - that's an awful lot of money considering the long term durability is an unknown at this point.

I was hesitant when they first said it would be "about the price of a quality 1911" and I was thinking they were shooting for something in the $1500-$1600 range. I didn't realize they meant "in the price range of a quality 2011 open class gun with bells and whistles"...

If you just look at the price of the accessories, there must be some premium pricing there as well. 

"Red Dot- C MORE RTS 2 
Cleaning kit"

The RTS2 explains $400 of the $1650 but what is the price breakdown for the remaining $1250? The "upper slide" is not so much a slide as a pic rail with locking lugs on each end. Are those $400 each??

Before everyone gets depressed - Rumor is that price tag is just for the first limited edition run of 500...

Theres no way they'd put that much money into R&D just to make 500 pistols and then close up shop. Give it a few years and I bet they'll have a general production version available for about the same as an STI 2011

On 10/29/2018 at 6:19 AM, random_guy7531 said:

The addenda to appendix D4 #19 specifically only allows "Double Action, Double Action/Single Action, and Safe Action guns" in production. Note that 'safe action' is not a defined term anywhere within the current rule book, so what all constitutes such a firearm is open to interpretation. It's possible that the manufacturer intends to claim the alien is a 'safe action' gun given the trigger safety. Further mechanical elements such as a firing pin block might also be present that would make that argument easier, but I can neither prove nor falsify that claim.

I'd like to point out this isn't strictly true. CO guns actually don't exclusively have to come off the production list - that's just what pretty much everyone says and claims. The CO rules also permit a manufacturer to submit a letter stating that 500 examples have been made available for sale to the general public and that their gun meets the *carry optics* rules requirements (note - it does not have to meet the *production* rules for this route to be effective). This is important because the addenda I mentioned previously that bans SAO firearms in production is *only* applicable to production - CO has no explicit ban on SA firearms in it other than the fact that (as far as I am aware), absolutely nobody goes the manufacturer-letter route. Conceivably, this means that something like an STI Edge (or other 2011 with sufficient production numbers) could be milled to accept a dot assuming it made weight/size/etc. and the manufacturer would be willing to send a letter to the DNROI.

Regardless of all that, from what I can see, the Alien looks like it's dot is mounted to the bridge sights and not the slide. Such a setup would make it illegal for carry optics (or at least it would per my interpretation of D7-13).

Read the rules again. I think you misinterpreted the CO vs Production rules. I think the “submit 500 samples” is simply lowering the requirement from 2000 to only 500 to meet approved list requirements. It needs reworded probably but there is no way a SAO / 2011 will be permitted in CO. 

Ok..... What am I missing in the “flat shooting” claim. All of the videos I have seen with people shooting it still shows it  muzzle flipping. I can produce less muzzle flip with my major power factor 2011 Limited gun by simply gripping it properly. 

The Alien gun looks cool and it’s a neat design. But if I am going to shell out $5k on a blaster it would be a custom 2011.

I am not sure what customer base this Alien blaster is supposed to target at it’s crazy high price. Rich plinkers? Competition shooters will be hard pressed to pay double or triple the cost of Shadow 2 or similar production gun it would be competing against. Maybe I am missing something obvious that would make the Alien blaster a viable product in whatever market. I just don’t see it taking off unless it was priced in the $1500 - $2000 range.

4 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

Ok..... What am I missing in the “flat shooting” claim. All of the videos I have seen with people shooting it still shows it  muzzle flipping. I can produce less muzzle flip with my major power factor 2011 Limited gun by simply gripping it properly. 

The Alien gun looks cool and it’s a neat design. But if I am going to shell out $5k on a blaster it would be a custom 2011.

I am not sure what customer base this Alien blaster is supposed to target at it’s crazy high price. Rich plinkers? Competition shooters will be hard pressed to pay double or triple the cost of Shadow 2 or similar production gun it would be competing against. Maybe I am missing something obvious that would make the Alien blaster a viable product in whatever market. I just don’t see it taking off unless it was priced in the $1500 - $2000 range.

I thik that it's the best observation.

Manolis

3 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Who says they're aiming for Production division?

How does it fit properly in other divisions? The only other division it would fit into is Carry Optics which is Production with a dot. With it being  9mm only it wouldn’t fit into Limited/Standard without being at a significant disadvantage. It’s also not ready for Open either.

39 minutes ago, CHA-LEE said:

How does it fit properly in other divisions? The only other division it would fit into is Carry Optics which is Production with a dot. With it being  9mm only it wouldn’t fit into Limited/Standard without being at a significant disadvantage. It’s also not ready for Open either.

Hammer-fired single-action trigger makes it not legal for Production or CO

Ok, let’s say that USPSA & IPSC stupidly categorized this new pistol design as invalid for production simply because it has an internal hammer. That would restrict it to Limited or Open divisions which makes it useless in either division since it’s only  chambered 9mm. So once again, who is this gun supposed to be marketed to???