Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laugo Arms Alien

40 minutes ago, Billierudeboy said:

There is a rumor i Sweden that it will come as a limited editition 2019 and the price will be around 5500$

ask them if u can get example for free.?

try strike1. same low bore axis and it's the most accurate gun that i ever tried. and price under 1k.

Edited by yigal

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/10/2018 at 2:16 AM, yigal said:

ask them if u can get example for free.?

try strike1. same low bore axis and it's the most accurate gun that i ever tried. and price under 1k.

The strike platform is on my list!

I will wait for the longer barrel version of the StrykB.

On 10/11/2018 at 8:29 AM, yigal said:

i think that Stryk 1 is the longer version.?

and the trigger is o.k.

strike one is the same gun yes, but regardless they are going to release a longer version soon.

the stryke one has a weird magazine release, other than that is a great gun.

I will wait it out.

8 hours ago, Avenida said:

strike one is the same gun yes, but regardless they are going to release a longer version soon.

I will wait it out.

i shot with version that have 128mm barrel and slide that looks similar to glock.

not like in this pic.

ת×צ×ת ת××× × ×¢××ר âªstrike one new slide versionâ¬â

8 hours ago, Avenida said:

I will wait it out.

The magazine release in my opinion is not a good design. After around 1000 rounds and 3 months later, my magazine release failed on my Strike one and the magazine would fall out during firing. I was told the Type B uses a new magazine release but am waiting to see it. 

I was able to adjust my magazine release leaf spring but it is overly complicated and seems like something that can and will fail again. 

26 minutes ago, Drtheo said:

That's true, but at least a premium 2011 is a one off build just for you. Not an off the shelf pistol.

Some are sure but seems people don't see that as a big problem.  Lots of people have been buying $5500 Atlas Nemesis in one configuration off the shelf.

If they price the Alien like a good Limited 2011, good luck selling them in the US in any volume for several years. The 2011 design is tried and true with multiple cartridges and it has an utterly insane level of aftermarket support. Don't like the feel of a particular thumb safety on a 2011? There are only about three dozen other thumb safeties available that will fit. Competition holster options? About 17 trillion. Grips? What material, size, color, weight and so on do you want because someone probably makes it...

If they price the Alien at $5,500....???...just no. They should likely be shooting for something much closer to the price of a CZ Shadow 2 with a few upgrades. 

Agree with Weapon. $5-6k would be bad move. Saw a report somewhere it is “premium” and “machined”. Well everything can be machined by CNC now a days. $1700-2000 base plus extras for additional rail should be good. 

10 hours ago, manolis said:

That horse is dead already.

Why don't you wait to see when it will be in the market what is the price and the response from the people.

Manolis

I will. I'm hoping that more people will consider that option.

Personally I think they will struggle to see them. The gun is targeted at IPSC but it likely won’t make the Production list (and it shouldn’t from the facts at hand). It also looks like it could be too long to fit the Standard box. That just leaves Open....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Matt1 said:

Personally I think they will struggle to see them. The gun is targeted at IPSC but it likely won’t make the Production list (and it shouldn’t from the facts at hand). It also looks like it could be too long to fit the Standard box. That just leaves Open....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why wouldn’t it be production legal? 

15 minutes ago, thx1138jt said:

From what I’ve seen and read so far the Alien has an internal hammer.  The behavior is more like a striker than SAO gun. I believe it is being developed mainly for Production and CO. 

If it has a hammer (external or internal is irrelevant) and a trigger with only a single action, it cannot be used in Production or CO

The addenda to appendix D4 #19 specifically only allows "Double Action, Double Action/Single Action, and Safe Action guns" in production. Note that 'safe action' is not a defined term anywhere within the current rule book, so what all constitutes such a firearm is open to interpretation. It's possible that the manufacturer intends to claim the alien is a 'safe action' gun given the trigger safety. Further mechanical elements such as a firing pin block might also be present that would make that argument easier, but I can neither prove nor falsify that claim.

On 10/27/2018 at 11:04 PM, Rudukai13 said:

If it has a hammer (external or internal is irrelevant) and a trigger with only a single action, it cannot be used in Production or CO

I'd like to point out this isn't strictly true. CO guns actually don't exclusively have to come off the production list - that's just what pretty much everyone says and claims. The CO rules also permit a manufacturer to submit a letter stating that 500 examples have been made available for sale to the general public and that their gun meets the *carry optics* rules requirements (note - it does not have to meet the *production* rules for this route to be effective). This is important because the addenda I mentioned previously that bans SAO firearms in production is *only* applicable to production - CO has no explicit ban on SA firearms in it other than the fact that (as far as I am aware), absolutely nobody goes the manufacturer-letter route. Conceivably, this means that something like an STI Edge (or other 2011 with sufficient production numbers) could be milled to accept a dot assuming it made weight/size/etc. and the manufacturer would be willing to send a letter to the DNROI.

Regardless of all that, from what I can see, the Alien looks like it's dot is mounted to the bridge sights and not the slide. Such a setup would make it illegal for carry optics (or at least it would per my interpretation of D7-13).