Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laugo Arms Alien

Its gonna be priced like an SVI. It is no mistery, it is all over the net and FB. The designer is not very candid with details until the gun is released in 2019, but there are a few tips on his page.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Hammer / ignition system.

From the chech patent.

Screenshot_20180903-210910.png

I'm not used to feeling this retarded. I don't like it. 

Edit: alright, I think I see whats going on now...

Edited by TonytheTiger

I suppose one would have to use an inverted hammer if the primer sitting in the chamber is below the top of the strong hand, just didn't realize that before from the pictures...Seems similar to the Chiappa Rhino.

I still don't see how it could be a DA/SA trigger, considering the combination of no exposed hammer to safely ride home and no apparent external decocker...

Edited by Rudukai13

• 4 weeks later...

Another with even more pictures of various iterations. At the 15 second mark they show one that appears to have a muzzle device (compensator?) and centerally-mounted optic.

If they build a compact G19-ish sized version of this with the ability to mount a compensator, a stationary red dot, and a flashlight, I will sell my P320 and buy it

5 hours ago, Garmil said:

Hoping the price is reasonable. I'd like to try one out.

It won't be cheap. From what I hear, it will be priced like a GOOD 2011 (as opposed to cheap 2011).

It might be very good indeed. Hope there's some in real people's hands early next year - and we get more experience and feedback on what it is really like.

Yea pretty obvious that is a single action design.  That sear is not capable of cocking the hammer, only releasing it.  I do find it interesting that the mechanism is on the removable sight rail.  This tells me maybe there are other mechanisms than the one shown in the drawing.  Maybe a cocking mechanism beyond part of the slide?

On 10/3/2018 at 10:23 PM, Rudukai13 said:

New video that shows how the pistol is disassembled and engineered. Hammer is internal, upside down. I STILL don't see how this thing is DA/SA without an external decocker, but oh well...

u can start in condition 3 .?

it looks exactly like old  hk p8   del. blowback  design mech.  with regular  different type  full cocked hammer.

for my opinion i strongly recommend   external  safety. ?

7 hours ago, perttime said:

It won't be cheap. From what I hear, it will be priced like a GOOD 2011 (as opposed to cheap 2011).

It might be very good indeed. Hope there's some in real people's hands early next year - and we get more experience and feedback on what it is really like.

I don't buy that.  Even GOOD 2011 parts aren't that expensive and you're paying thousands for labor.  The design of this should not require anywhere near as much work by hand. 

3 hours ago, Garmil said:

I don't buy that.  Even GOOD 2011 parts aren't that expensive and you're paying thousands for labor.  The design of this should not require anywhere near as much work by hand. 

Just rephrasing what Laugo Arms say on their facebook page.

4 hours ago, yigal said:

this gas operated gun can use only jacketed bullets and have fixed barrel.  after 30k it will loose accuracy.

in any 1911/2011  u can drop the old  barrel to the garbage and install  new one.

I have to imagine there's a way to remove and replace the barrel. "Fixed" refers to the fact that the barrel itself doesn't move during the cycling of the action, not that it's an integral part of the frame...

9 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

I have to imagine there's a way to remove and replace the barrel. "Fixed" refers to the fact that the barrel itself doesn't move during the cycling of the action, not that it's an integral part of the frame...

of coarse .?

somebody install it.? i hope that this not the same worker that assembled  my cz tso 9mm   and  my cz 75 cadet 22 kit.?

Edited by yigal

On 10/7/2018 at 2:04 PM, yigal said:

this gas operated gun can use only jacketed bullets and have fixed barrel.  after 30k it will loose accuracy.

in any 1911/2011  u can drop the old  barrel to the garbage and install  new one.

are you referring to the Alien? Could you be more specific as to how you reach to  these conclusions?

I am honestly asking, thanks

Edited by Avenida

8 hours ago, Avenida said:

are you referring to the Alien? Could you be more specific as to how you reach to  these conclusions?

I am honestly asking, thanks

not to this gun.

few my friends used hk p7m13 guns for ipsc practice . after 30k with factory ammo guns loose accuracy and pf with same ammo  dropped to 115  from 135.

in my country u can't  order new barrel or get most  major gun parts.

this gun have same gas /piston  operated mech. like Alien .

Edited by yigal

12 hours ago, yigal said:

not to this gun.

few my friends used hk p7m13 guns for ipsc practice . after 30k with factory ammo guns loose accuracy and pf with same ammo  dropped to 115  from 135.

in my country u can't  order new barrel or get most  major gun parts.

this gun have same gas /piston  operated mech. like Alien .

Can a gunsmith order and replace the barrel for you?

1 hour ago, trub7dur said:

Can a gunsmith order and replace the barrel for you?

only in ours local gun company  that produce  firearms it  is not  problem.great service. they even allowed  me to fit  barrel to my new gun when i order it.

but if u have cz or something else  gun brokers  prefer to sell u new gun . u can  switch to super senior div. before  gun broker will give u new STI barrel .?problems with gov. registration  for gun parts. 

Edited by yigal