Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just received my new pistol and the trigger bow is bent.

Just had some custom work on a pistol and I noticed the trigger felt a little strange so I broke the gun down and found that the trigger bow had been bent pretty signicantly. For the life of me, I can't figure out why this was done unless this is an old school gunsmith trick? If it is, what problem does it solve?

I installed a new trigger and the trigger is as it should be.

792e0f8466ee6026cd8b94dfcf2a8b3f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My guess is that something went wrong during assembly and instead of identifying the cause, some excessive force was involved. In other words, poor workmanship habits. Don't know who the GS is but it's not something I'd let out of my shop (mushy trigger). It looks like it's bent in 3 different places.

SV trigger in a STI frame is too long and the half cock notch will not engage.  One of the ways to address this is to swage the rear of the bow forward to gain the clearance needed for a safe trigger.  Another approach is to put the SV base on a STI bow.

• 3 weeks later...

That looks like the common result of someone mashing the crap out of the trigger when the safety was engaged. Titanium SV trigger bows are actually pretty soft when compared to steel ones. This is why you don't let idiots handle your blaster unattended.

I did get a response back from the Smith and was advised that SV trigger bows suck and need to be modified in order to work.

Honestly, I ran that trigger in the same grip for several thousand rounds without any such mod and it ran fine. I ended up replacing the trigger bow and everything is running as expected now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk