Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Jeremyc_1999

Dry Fire and Live fire drills for the PCC

Do you guys have any good drills for dry and live fire for the PCC?  Are there any books out there or podcasts for one to follow? 

Ben Stoeger's books are good for PCC as well.  His latest one is an improvement of the last few and one I would recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/Skills-Drills-Reloaded-Ben-Stoeger/dp/1985644657/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1531505267&sr=1-5&refinements=p_27%3ABen+Stoeger

There are multiple sets of drills to focus on fundamentals through small stage movement.  The PAR times he has are goals for Production.  Practicing with PCC you will be establishing lower times for the same drills.  You can experiment with starting positions you might encounter during a match as well.  I have found that the fundamental drills allow you to focus on transitions which for me is an area of improvement.

Per the Amazon description, this is Ben's book for live fire drills.  Since the OP is asking about dryfire drills too, would his book "Dryfire Reloaded" be a better choice?

(Actually I'm asking for me too.)

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I've been considering the SIRT Bolt for PCC dry fire practice. Only thing I've been able to do with dry fire is practice my "draw". Outside that, running El Presidente style drills during live fire have been helping quite a bit with improving target transition. Keep it simple!

4 hours ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Have you gone through Mike Sweklanders PCC program?

No.  I mostly train for Steel Challenge.  My USPSA training is mostly movement training since I do a lot of transition training for SC.

I usually just take Stoegers drills, do 50% 50% of the time split doing limited and pcc. I basically just do the same drills for PCC. Obviously change the par times a bit. I try to work a lot of transitional work with the rifle. I feel it takes the most time. Having to break the gun off your shoulder and getting it shouldered again, into position. I try to work a lot of shooting while moving too.

On 7/14/2018 at 12:46 AM, Flatland Shooter said:

Per the Amazon description, this is Ben's book for live fire drills.  Since the OP is asking about dryfire drills too, would his book "Dryfire Reloaded" be a better choice?

(Actually I'm asking for me too.)

They're great to use in conjunction. I've bought both and think they're great building blocks on one another.