Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 for Production

Stuey

I am looking to purchase a Stock 2 Elite for USPSA Production to replace my CZ Shadow. I am also planning to compete in IPSC Production. For those who compete in USPSA Production, do you make any modifications to your Stock 2 or shoot it straight out of the box?

Typically a lot of mods. They come with insanely heavy triggers.

I have an extra currently already set up with the Patriot defense usual parts and such but mine is in 40 minor and I’m guessing you are looking for 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipsc production tuning needs unica and extreme parts.  i would get;

Unica heavy trigger

extreme "medium" hammer spring

("light" if you go federal primers)

PD trigger return spring (even though not "legal", it won't allow the FP to stick forward... ever)

Extreme sear + firing pin block

8# recoil spring

I would also "debur" the trigger bar lifter strut and hole, hammer spring hole and firing pin hole with blue magic. But wouldn't polish any exterior surfaces.

5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I would love an explanation on this. ? 

Spring reaches coil stack before the firing pin can go forward far enough to wedge in the firing pin hole in the breech face.

Mis-matching extreme light return spring with medium (or heavy) hammer spring can allow that to occur.  I've got a VERY heavy hammer spring in a Match and a PD return.  no problem.

11 hours ago, johnbu said:

Spring reaches coil stack before the firing pin can go forward far enough to wedge in the firing pin hole in the breech face.

Mis-matching extreme light return spring with medium (or heavy) hammer spring can allow that to occur.  I've got a VERY heavy hammer spring in a Match and a PD return.  no problem.

I know this; I was jokingly pointing out that you meant firing pin return spring, not trigger spring. :) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 7/13/2018 at 8:33 AM, johnbu said:

Ipsc production tuning needs unica and extreme parts.  i would get;

Unica heavy trigger

extreme "medium" hammer spring

("light" if you go federal primers)

PD trigger return spring (even though not "legal", it won't allow the FP to stick forward... ever)

Extreme sear + firing pin block

8# recoil spring

I would also "debur" the trigger bar lifter strut and hole, hammer spring hole and firing pin hole with blue magic. But wouldn't polish any exterior surfaces.

I know you've done a LOT more tuning & tweaking on Tanfo's but I have to disagree with you.

IPSC setup:

Stock hammer with a light clean-up of the hooks. Allows you to drop in a 1pc sear without refitting the safety (at least for mine)

Light Xtreme Spring (will pop winchesters with factory firing pin & spring) Or Medium if you want

Stock TRS, Plunger, FPB, and Firing Pin Springs

8-10lb recoil spring, personal preference

"debur" sure if you want but not totally necessary.

Just get the gun running & practice!

11 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Lots and lots of threads about that!

:)

Psssst wanna know a secret? Shoot it 200-500 times in pure stock form. If it runs then you're good, if not then send it back.

Wanna know another secret? Don't trick F' it out with all the go fast goodies and then complain when it doesn't work.

14 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

I know you've done a LOT more tuning & tweaking on Tanfo's but I have to disagree with you. 

Your way works too.

I'm a gear twiddler from way back.

My goal when setting up one of these is overwelming reliability.  polishing is like adding 1# of hammer force. Titan hammer or unica is the same.

I run the strongest PD hammer spring and actually intentionally "ruined" the bolo by adding some SA pre-travel. My gun runs 6# da 2# sa.

I did experiment with the factory spring a bit too.  only raised DA up to 7#

Edited by johnbu