Production to 15 rounds instead of 10.

bigtimelarry

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously they're supposed to. That is the basis of rule 3.3.1. I live in PA an,unrestricted magazine State, and believe me when I tell you I am the farthest for advocating such a ridiculous ruling such as 10 round magazine capacity. But when I travel to a state to shoot a match such as New Jersey I understand and follow the law.  A specific example that follows the 3.3.1 rule is Central Jersey USPSA in Jacksonville New Jersey. Of even greater importance to the sport and to the individual shooters is I hope the match directors follow 3.3.1. If nothing else but to keep within the laws that govern the states they are participating in. It may be one thing for USPSA ruling, it's another thing when a state trooper puts cuffs on you for having an illegal magazine in their state.
I get it. Its not a "shall" rule though, it's an option that if used then the MD "shall" inform and enforce.

At least here I have yet to hear of competitions being targeted and talking to my LEO friends they have not heard of charges for "large capacity mags" unless they were part of a larger crime.

That said, I'm not risking my CCWs or FFL with a firearms misdemeanor charge. And for out of state matches keeping larger magazines at a friends or relatives and having them shipped is not always an option.

I'd prefer production to stay at 10 rounds so everyone can play equally. If you want more, shoot limited, there is little difference in gun restrictions now anyway

I am baffled as to why so many people want the mag limits in Production to be raised. The rules are not intended to reflect mag capacity. They are intended to define the competition. Reason: that's  the freaking rule.

It seems so simple to satisfy your craving for higher mag limits by switching to Limited. Why whine when you have an obvious alternative available.I just do not get it.

And no I do not live in a restricted state. Far from it.

2 hours ago, Brooke said:

I am baffled as to why so many people want the mag limits in Production to be raised. The rules are not intended to reflect mag capacity. They are intended to define the competition. Reason: that's  the freaking rule.

It seems so simple to satisfy your craving for higher mag limits by switching to Limited. Why whine when you have an obvious alternative available.I just do not get it.

This.  (It needed to be said.)

18 hours ago, Brooke said:

Totally.  And while we're at it we should get rid of Production.  It seems so simple to satisfy your craving for 10 round limits by switching to L10.  :rolleyes:

Totally.  And while we're at it we should get rid of Production.  It seems so simple to satisfy your craving for 10 round limits by switching to L10.  :rolleyes:
Well you switching to limited doesn't take away a division a lot if people like exactly the way it is. Unlike your comment that takes something away that already exists