Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Optic for Rimfire Rifle?

TalkingMonkey

On 7/11/2018 at 9:45 AM, TalkingMonkey said:

Hello.  A local club started hosting Steel Challenge matches recently and I’m thinking of giving it a try.  I’d like to use my 10/22 but would like to get a red dot sight for it.  I have a friend that can get me great deals on Vortex optics so I’m considering the Venom.  First of all, would this be a good choice?  And second, would a 6MOA or 3MOA dot be preferred?  Thanks!

I run vortex razors on all my guns.  They are all 6moa.  I prefer the vortex for a couple of reasons 1- the sight is closer to the bore and helps when I transition from open to iron sights. 2- great people with the best warranty in the industry.  My advice - go to a local match and ask around and look through them yourself.  If it is comfortable you will shoot it better.

steve

On 8/31/2018 at 2:59 PM, jkrispies said:

To the OP, curious if you got the Venom and if you like it?

Not yet. I'm color blind and in not sure if the red dot for us going to work for me. I just got a Holosun 510c Elite with the green reticle for my AR to use in UML Limited so I'm going to see how that works out and go from there. I appreciate all the advice on this thread.

I currently have a primary arms advanced MRD on my 10/22 for steel challenge and it works (also affordable). However, I started shooting PCC with a Vortex Venom and now I want to switch the 10/22 to one as well.

• 1 year later...

I've shot matches with a TRS25, a cheap 1-4 (on 1x) and a Primary Arms Advanced. I played with a guy's C-MORE at the last match and I think that's the way I'm leaning for the build I'm working up. I'm just stuck deciding between 8moa and 12moa.