Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Have you seen the MEAN Arms Endomag yet?

It fits in a normal 30 round Gen 2 or Gen 3, 30 round Pmag:

So no need for a mag block or a dedicated 9mm AR lower.

Supposedly, they will be on sale later this summer...buy 3 for like $64 or $69 .

Edited by Chills1994

So, looking at this, it really seems slick.  It replaces a dedicated Colt type lower or insert.  The ejector and feed ramp is in the magazine insert.  I guess making it work with a CMMG Guard would depend where the ammo sits when loaded.

It’d be a problem. The Guard needs your mag positioned low enough to feed a 5.56 style bolt, not the much heavier AR9 blowback units.

I welded and recut my colt mags to sit almost 1/8” lower in the gun with my hybrid Guard / colt mag setup.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I"ve got plenty of Pmags (FYI....you can fit 28, 30 rounder mags in a tall .50 cal ammo can.)

So sacrificing a Pmag body or 3 to try this out wouldn't hurt.

With my Colt pattern 9mm "stick" mags, after about the tenth round in, I need to have gorilla fingers to get rounds 11 through say 27 into the mag.

I bought an UpLULA for the Colt pattern mags, but I haven't tried it yet.

Soooo...I am wondering if these Pmag conversions would be any easier on the thumb???

Edited by Chills1994
6 hours ago, Chills1994 said:

With my Colt pattern 9mm "stick" mags, after about the tenth round in, I need to have gorilla fingers to get rounds 11 through say 27 into the mag.

I bought an UpLULA for the Colt pattern mags, but I haven't tried it yet.

Whaaaaat?!!

Colt UPLULA is the greatest thing ever. Makes loading effortless. With rounds 30 to 40 in my extended mag, I need to lay it horizontal, firmly brace the basepad against my belt, and pull it down onto the mag a little to keep it seated. Note: my mags have relocated mag-release windows which aren’t in the right spot for the LULA.

But man, it loads incredibly quickly! Unloads them like a breeze too.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
16 hours ago, surfmaster said:

What's also cool is that it appears to be relatively easy to insert a loaded mag on a closed bolt. This is problem with Colt-pattern 9mm mags.

Strip one round out of the colt mags and they load effortlessly every single time. Silly to have to do, but flawlessly effective.

Good advice about removing a round from Colt mags to make them easier to seat. I do notice having an odd number of rounds makes it easier to seat than an even one. 

However, if you live in a 10-round state, this is not feasible except for stages like classifiers with shooting sections that need less than 10 rounds. Always a downside when you are limited to 10 rounds. 

On 7/13/2018 at 1:51 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Whaaaaat?!!

Colt UPLULA is the greatest thing ever. Makes loading effortless. With rounds 30 to 40 in my extended mag, I need to lay it horizontal, firmly brace the basepad against my belt, and pull it down onto the mag a little to keep it seated. Note: my mags have relocated mag-release windows which aren’t in the right spot for the LULA.

But man, it loads incredibly quickly! Unloads them like a breeze too.

I shot a very informal steel plate practice session  on Saturday.  I brought the 6951 along and a LULA.

WOW!

World of difference!

So much easier.

Bonus:  a Colt stick mag filled with 32 rounds of 9mm could double as a bludgeoning tool.

?