Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
frankge

Trubor Replacement

First mishap with any of my guns - bulged the barrel on my STI GrandMaster 9mm with the two port T1 comp trubor. Would I replace this with the same barrel or go with the T2 comp with 3 ports? Forget STI and go with a Schumann or something else?

You may want to start your search by checking out what barrels are even available.  That may help narrow the search.

Are you shooting major or minor PF? The T1 is designed for minor, the T2 for major. There is also a Trubor barrel with an uncut compensator so it can be custom milled by a gunsmith.

Along with fixing the gun I would recommend tightening up your reloading techniques.?

bulge the barrel... well it was either setback or I squibbed and didn't know it. I know its kinda hard to overcharge 9 major. I used 8.5g HS6 and it pretty much fills it. I would thin a squib would be catastrophic and being an RO for some time I usually pick up on that. It felt like a smack to my palm, that's about it. You are right on reloading technique, though I have been doing it for years and done 1,000's for this gun and others - it only takes one!

Edited by frankge

1 hour ago, frankge said:

You are right on reloading technique, though I have been doing it for years and done 1,000's for this gun and others - it only takes one!

I have been reloading for 50 years, and a few years ago, my

SDB developed a problem which prevented powder from

dropping, all the time (sometimes it dropped).

After I discovered the problem (and having 300 rounds 

that MIGHT contain powder), I bought a light and LOOK

INTO EVERY case now before I seat the bullet.

Took me 50 years to realize it is necessary to SEE

THE POWDER, every time    :)