Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC carbine

3 hours ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

I'm contemplating getting one of these

What would a good set up be aside from taccom magwell, a muzzle comp, and red dot?

Is there a combination of volquartsen parts worth doing? Or tandemkross trigger? Or is it good enough as is and would those things affect the safety for marginal gains?

VQ is planning a trigger kit , just not out yet.  You'd have to buy the 10/22 kit for 130 or so and would use a few parts, not worth it in my opinion.  I installed the MCarbo 2 spring kit and it improved the trigger.  I added the TandemKross trigger - made no difference to pull but changed the feel.  Not sure if I will keep it on or not.  As you see, I have the magwell, a different brand of brake and an older fastfire 2 on mine with a homemade mount for the sight.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, vluc said:

VQ is planning a trigger kit , just not out yet.  You'd have to buy the 10/22 kit for 130 or so and would use a few parts, not worth it in my opinion.  I installed the MCarbo 2 spring kit and it improved the trigger.  I added the TandemKross trigger - made no difference to pull but changed the feel.  Not sure if I will keep it on or not.  As you see, I have the magwell, a different brand of brake and an older fastfire 2 on mine with a homemade mount for the sight.

Would you buy the tandemkross trigger again?

I have to run some more rounds through the gun.  Too cold out right now, been dry firing right to get a feel for it, not used to that straight style trigger after decades of Glocks.  If I had to answer right now I would say no, but until I can get out or to an indoor range to drop a few hundred rounds, I can't say for sure.

I have the TK trigger. I like it but the return spring is too weak for the change in geometry or some other thing makes it feel a bit slow to reset. The M Carbo setup looks interesting because they include a stronger spring. Right now I'm debating selling my decked out PC9 to fund a JP for the GF. I have a local buyer interested but he doesn't want the Parker Mountain Machine hand guard.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:56 AM, Cuz said:

Any chance of making it a little longer so it goes right up to the front sight?

We could.......the problem is that the cost goes up (a lot). Has to do with how many HG's we get out of a stick of CF

So on the trigger......The PC Carbine already comes with the Ruger competition hammer and sear from their BX kit. The only thing.....IMHO that the trigger needs is an actual metal trigger with an over travel screw. And a little polishing on the sears. I went the route of buying the Volquartsen 10/22 set up for like $130......used all I could from the kit, but ended up using the factory springs for the hammer. I see that they came out with a kit for the PC Carbine......but am I correct seeing a price tag of over $250??? Is that for drop in parts? or a complete trigger with housing?

So on the trigger......The PC Carbine already comes with the Ruger competition hammer and sear from their BX kit. The only thing.....IMHO that the trigger needs is an actual metal trigger with an over travel screw. And a little polishing on the sears. I went the route of buying the Volquartsen 10/22 set up for like $130......used all I could from the kit, but ended up using the factory springs for the hammer. I see that they came out with a kit for the PC Carbine......but am I correct seeing a price tag of over $250??? Is that for drop in parts? or a complete trigger with housing?

It’s a complete trigger kit with a aluminum housing ,, it was at shot show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the PCC out today to try the TK trigger and new comp.  Trigger failed to work.  Had to come home, haven't decided what the issue is yet.  Dry fired fine yesterday, today, trigger would not set at all.  I'll update what I find.  Needless to say I was pretty miffed and did not want to tear apart at the bay.

Took the PCC out today to try the TK trigger and new comp.  Trigger failed to work.  Had to come home, haven't decided what the issue is yet.  Dry fired fine yesterday, today, trigger would not set at all.  I'll update what I find.  Needless to say I was pretty miffed and did not want to tear apart at the bay.

Keep us updated on trigger,, was hoping it was the ticket for the ruger,,,

1 hour ago, vluc said:

Measure the over travel screw. Some of us got the trigger with a screw that was too long. If you back the over travel screw out a few turns does it work? 

Took the rifle apart when I got home, found that somehow, the pin holding the bolt catch had apparently moved out.  How, I am not sure since it all fits snugly in the receiver, but, who knows?  Not sure how that would have affected the trigger, but the rifle was a paperweight at that time.  When I began to remove the trigger assembly, that part shot out across the room.  Fortunately it hit a wall and I was able to get it, spring just laid on my workbench.  Had I done that at the range, it's somewhere in the mud/slush and gone for good along with the spring.

Put it all back together, dry fired and everything cycled as it should, just did not get a chance to put rounds through it.  The trigger is growing on me.

19 hours ago, ZackJones said:

Measure the over travel screw. Some of us got the trigger with a screw that was too long. If you back the over travel screw out a few turns does it work? 

OT screw was fine, I had it in more so I could adjust it to firing with live rounds.  First thing  I looked at when it happened as a matter of fact.  Plenty of space.  As I said previously, I dry fired it and cycled with the TK trigger in after doing the install, worked fine, no movement of the OT screw from then until the range when I looked at it.

• 2 weeks later...
I have talked to a few people that have a comp on their Ruger PC. They mentioned they did not see any noticeable difference in recoil or  rise. Do any of you have thoughts on the benefit of a comp besides adding weight. 

I have the allchin comp , it holds the dot flatter on double tap,it’s made out of aluminum so no weight added . IMHO

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, jeremy kemlo said:

I have talked to a few people that have a comp on their Ruger PC. They mentioned they did not see any noticeable difference in recoil or  rise. Do any of you have thoughts on the benefit of a comp besides adding weight. 

They do nothing but collect crud to clean. Spend the $80 or whatever on more ammo.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:41 AM, edyan said:

How soon for production of carbon hand guard for the  Ruger PC Carbine ?  Me & a lot of others are really interested...looks perfect.

So we have a process now.....waiting for some material that will be here next week and then we are running. I suspect we will have them towards the end of the week. I posted up on the TACCOM FB page.....you can read all about it there.

As for brakes on the PC Carbine......minimal value, if you are going to use one.....get one with ports straight up, it does ssssssomewhat keep the barrel down, but it's not much......as for shooting, mehhh.....for the timer? yeah, could save you a reshoot if you had a smokin run.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:02 PM, jeremy kemlo said:

I put mine on just to protect the crown of the barrel.  And it looks cool....

5 hours ago, TRUBL said:

So we have a process now.....waiting for some material that will be here next week and then we are running. I suspect we will have them towards the end of the week. I posted up on the TACCOM FB page.....you can read all about it there.

I checked out the Facebook page, even though I hate Facebook.  So, if it's a solid hand guard, and is easy for an idiot like me to install without having to modify the rifle I'll take one at your introductory sale price.  How/where do I order???  Someday, I may even find the time to shoot this rifle now that I've put all your parts on it...

-Cuz