Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Purchasing Aftermarket F/O Rods

MC56

Looking for a company that makes orange F/O 1.00mm rods that I can use for my front sight. I recently ordered 1mm rods from a company that boasts about being "the world's largest fiber optic lighting dealer" and specifically markets their rods for gun and archery sights, among other things, and they were too large. One rod was 1.04mm and the other was 1.09mm and neither fit. I emailed them and they told me that is an acceptable variation in diameter and I should drill out my front sight or "heat and roll" them down to the size I need...no thanks.

I'd like to buy some orange and yellow and I'm looking for a source that has accurately measured rods sold by the yard.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Edited by MC56

27 minutes ago, MC56 said:

Thanks. I'm aware of that option but I'm looking for orange rod that I can purchase by the foot or yard.

https://dawsonprecision.com/fiber-optic-replacement-inserts-bulk/

probably not as cheap as some options, but for as much as we use it, $7.50 /ft isn't bad, and you know it will fit your sights.

Do a search here and see what comes up. There are many threads on the subject. Dawson FO rod has a great reputation as being the best and brightest.