Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Gunz720

Can I compete with a gasser

Thinking about shooting PRS on a casual basis and have a nice Christensen arms 3-8 gasser wondering if I can use it don’t think I will get to hard core into PRS so not want to build a bolt gun 

prs has two gas gun divisions:

2.4 Gas Gun – Open Division
2.4.1 Gas Gun Open Division rifles will not exceed a caliber of .30 or a velocity of 3,200 fps. A match DQ
will result any rounds over the speed limit of 3,200 fps (±32 fps for environmental factors and
equipment discrepancies).
2.4.2 Match Officials may request at any point during a match that a competitor fire their rifle through
chronograph. If the bullet exceeds the 3,200 fps speed limit, the shooter will receive an automatic
match DQ.
2.5 Gas Gun - Tactical Division
Intended to allow competitors the opportunity to compete using traditional military and law
enforcement caliber. This promotes Active Duty military and law enforcement competitors use of
their Service and Department issued rifles.
2.5.1 Tactical Division rifles are restricted to 5.56 NATO/.223 and 7.62 NATO/.308
2.5.2 Bullet weight cannot exceed 77 grains and muzzle velocity cannot exceed 3,000 fps,
and 178 grains and muzzle velocity cannot exceed 2,800 fps respectively.

Short answer: Yes

You can compete in the bolt gun matches with a gasser if you wish.

or,...

You can sign up for a Gas gun only match and pick the division that's appropriate to your equipment.

Or you can just shoot in any match you want that will have you and have fun. And you'd be surprised how little (if any) you give up vs. a bolt gun, if your rifle is built right.

Yep, get out and shoot. Just like any other shooting sport, if you have a gun and you want to play, run what you brung. 

Look at the MOST series in Missouri. They allow gas guns and you can compete with the bolt gun guys/gals. As people mentioned above, the PRS does have a gas gun series and it is pretty popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk