Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What laser for your PCC

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one I got off Ebay.  Cheap and bright Green dot.  I'm using a 45 degree offset mount.  I tried some of the "Pistol" lasers and it wouldn't project past 15 feet.  I spoke with a GM who recommended the Ebay model because units made outside the US, have brighter lasers.

Just now, stick said:

one I got off Ebay.  Cheap and bright Green dot.  I'm using a 45 degree offset mount.  I tried some of the "Pistol" lasers and it wouldn't project past 15 feet.  I spoke with a GM who recommended the Ebay model because units made outside the US, have brighter lasers.

Do you have a link to what you are using?

1 minute ago, Broncman said:

Have you guys really used the laser in competition? Thought about it, but just can't see in my mind how I would benefit. No one I shoot with uses one?

Got any stage videos of using one?

I have a stage I can show you where I had to shoot offhand and It was a very tight space.  That's why I got my laser.  I watched a GM shoot the stage with a laser, he just held the gun out around the corner and popped two shots into the target.  He recommended the Ebay laser because they don't have restrictions on the beam.  It's very bright in the florida sun.

Crimson trace rail master if you insist on doing it.  You will likely come to the conclusion it’s nowhere near worth the money nor effort though, or even worth the space on the gun, like pretty much everyone else did.  It’s only potential benefit was on hard support side leans around an object or barricade.  Finding the dot is super SUPER slow in this situation, if you can find it at all in the sun, when compared to learning to switch shoulders and/or apply some of the other imaginative techniques out there.  Not to mention, you have to find it again for the next shot all over again.  And again for the next.  In the end, it’s worthless.

I always turn it on but rarely see the green laser as the 8MOA dot covers it. But on a close head shot where the rest of the target is covered by no shoot the laser is almost 2" lower than the red dot due to the height over bore and easy to see. I have also done the fire at steel from the hip where a stock touching belt start is required. I have seriously considered putting two lasers on there to agitate the people that think PCC is cheating

In two years of PCC I only used laser twice.

And on one of those occasions I screwed up with it anyway.

today i took off laser and the short rail from fore-grip, and stowed laser in range bag for future use if stage walkthrough reveals a need for it.

Up here in northeast stages are mostly lame anyway, with no pcc challenge.

8 hours ago, alma said:

Pretty awesome indoors. The railmaster is harder to see outdoors. I wouldn't mind checking out one of the ebay ones to see if they are brighter outside. 

They are pretty bright in the Florida sun.  I can see mine from 20 yards away.

8 hours ago, BlackBuzzard said:

In two years of PCC I only used laser twice.

And on one of those occasions I screwed up with it anyway.

today i took off laser and the short rail from fore-grip, and stowed laser in range bag for future use if stage walkthrough reveals a need for it.

Up here in northeast stages are mostly lame anyway, with no pcc challenge.

come to Florida during the blowtorch months, you'll use the laser.

15 hours ago, Hammer002 said:

Finding the dot is super SUPER slow   Not to mention, you have to find it again for the next shot all over again.  And again for the next.  In the end, it’s worthless.

I just tried mine a few weeks ago, and found exactly    ^^^^^   this.   Thought it would

be pretty useful, but it was more detrimental than helpful    :eatdrink:

On 7/8/2018 at 4:40 PM, GeneBray said:

Looking Crimson Trace. Believe model is CMR-206 or -206s. Only down side is battery life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the green model. I’ve been happy with it out to 15 yards or so in the sun. Any farther than that I don’t see the benefit to it. It works great for hard lean targets or close on the move shooting. 

I'm the product manager for all LaserMax products, if you guys have questions, feel free to bounce them around. There's nothing wrong with Crimson, they make a fine product and we are all confined to the same federal regulations on power output of these things. We've been making laser sights since 1989, so by now our way of doing things is pretty tried and true, check us out if you're in the marketplace.

As others have stated, these definitely have a limited application in USPSA but are pretty nice for shooting in weird positions or when starting with the stock on your belt and targets in view, you can start engaging just as quickly as you can flip a safety off.

Green lasers are definitely the way to go for this sport, the human eye just sees the color green easier than other colors in the light spectrum. We do pretty extensive livefire tests on compact and sub-compact .40S&W handguns so holding zero on a 9mm rifle is a breeze.