Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guy shows up with AR Pistol in 9mm with sig brace, but shoots it from shoulder as a pistol

minnesota1

Just had a local steel match and a guy shows up with an 8 1/2" or so AR pistol with a sig brace in 9mm.  He shouldered it like a rifle and shot it like that through the match.  It's a handgun match.  He was told it was unfair and was upset about that saying it.  Is there any rules that forbid this in various shooting sports?  I just want to cite some rules from legitimate organizations on the subject so it won't be a problem in the future. 

Thanks for your help.

From USPSA rulebook.

USPSA Handgun Competition Rules, February 2014 Edition

Handguns with shoulder stocks and/or fore grips of any kind are

prohibited

DQ his ass!

You cant just show up to any match anywhere and shoot a rifle/carbine/PCC. Every Outlaw/nonaffiliated club match makes their own rules.... stipulate no rifles, carbines, shouldered pistols, or bazookas.... handguns only. 

Local unsanctioned  match,  match director makes the rules.  Or run what you brung and don't be a pansy? Do open pistols compete head to head against limited pistols? Lots of questions to answer

If the MD let it go, it goes. But suggest you and everyone else let the MD know that needs its own class at  a minimum if it is to be allowed. Course if everyone shows up and pays if nothing changes then nothing will ever change.

8 hours ago, 3gunDQ said:

DQ his ass!

You cant just show up to any match anywhere and shoot a rifle/carbine/PCC. Every Outlaw/nonaffiliated club match makes their own rules.... stipulate no rifles, carbines, shouldered pistols, or bazookas.... handguns only. 

For argument sake, Why can't I show up at a USPSA match and shoot PCC? because you said so?  USPSA is not just pistols anymore.  PCC has strong roots in USPSA now.  Outlaw matches are a totally different creature since most of them are weapon specific.

For the OP. He was shooting a gun from an illegal position.  The MD should have known the rule and explained to him why it was prohibited.

1 hour ago, stick said:

For argument sake, Why can't I show up at a USPSA match and shoot PCC? because you said so?  USPSA is not just pistols anymore.  PCC has strong roots in USPSA now.  Outlaw matches are a totally different creature since most of them are weapon specific.

For the OP. He was shooting a gun from an illegal position.  The MD should have known the rule and explained to him why it was prohibited.

Since you said, “for arguments sake”, I’ll remind you matches and MD’s can allow or disallow any division in a USPSA match. That’s how we get SS only, optics nationals, iron sight nationals etc.

12 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Since you said, “for arguments sake”, I’ll remind you matches and MD’s can allow or disallow any division in a USPSA match. That’s how we get SS only, optics nationals, iron sight nationals etc.

I totally agree. That's why I said for argument sake and I also said outlaw matches where MD's state specific guns only!

1 hour ago, kneelingatlas said:

I understand Bob, I'm an Open shooter too.  We've been lording our compeditive advantage over iron sighted shooters for years, now along come these punks with their raced out PCCs and 45rnd mags, it just ain't right!  ?

That is hilarious, and only cause it is true ?

12 hours ago, RJH said:

Local unsanctioned  match,  match director makes the rules.  Or run what you brung and don't be a pansy? Do open pistols compete head to head against limited pistols? Lots of questions to answer

+1

7 hours ago, stick said:

Well yes! You can’t because I said so. 

(1) this match was NOT a uspsa match.

(2) not all USPSA match’s allow PCC, come to Spartanburg with your PCC. ? and let me know how that works out for you. 

Just now, 3gunDQ said:

Well yes! You can’t because I said so. 

(1) this match was NOT a uspsa match.

(2) not all USPSA match’s allow PCC, come to Spartanburg with your PCC. ? and let me know how that works out for you. 

It's funny how all of you die hard pistol guys can't accept the fact that PCC is here to stay.  

BTW, thanks for the offer, but I'll stay in sunny Florida and shoot PCC.

13 minutes ago, stick said:

It's funny how all of you die hard pistol guys can't accept the fact that PCC is here to stay.  

BTW, thanks for the offer, but I'll stay in sunny Florida and shoot PCC.

That is just it dude... PCC is not here to stay, it’s not here at all in some places. 

Do I own a PCC? Yes.

Am I anti PCC? No

Do I think PCC should be allowed at USPSA pistol matches? No

Do I think PCC should have its own matches and be it’s own game? Yes. Why can’t I shoot a bazooka at the pistol match? ...that is bullshit dude. 

I cant understand how any self respecting man would bring a rifle to a pistol match. It takes all kinds I guess. 

21 minutes ago, 3gunDQ said:

That is just it dude... PCC is not here to stay, it’s not here at all in some places. 

Do I own a PCC? Yes.

Am I anti PCC? No

Do I think PCC should be allowed at USPSA pistol matches? No

Do I think PCC should have its own matches and be it’s own game? Yes. Why can’t I shoot a bazooka at the pistol match? ...that is bullshit dude. 

I cant understand how any self respecting man would bring a rifle to a pistol match. It takes all kinds I guess. 

I'm just messing with you.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I'm just trying to get some conversation started.

5 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

+1

17 hours ago, RJH said:

run what you brung and don't be a pansy? 

I hate to say it but there are so many pansies in comparative shooting sports, all of them. It is almost like a flower garden. LOL. I just like to shoot, somebody setting up nice fun stages with nice props. Worth the price of admission

Lol

Edited by usmc1974

1 minute ago, usmc1974 said:

I hate to say it but there are so many pansies in comparative shooting sports, all of them. It is almost like a flower garden. LOL.

Haha, I may have to steal that.  

If you don’t allow PCC at your club match, why did you allow him to shoot his pistol shouldered through the match? (NOTE: I know USPSA’s ruling on shouldering a braced pistol)

I’d be pissed too if you took my money and then told me my gun was “unfair”. 

Make a rule book for your event and stick to it if you’re that worried about it. 

Edited by HCH

2 hours ago, HCH said:

If you don’t allow PCC at your club match, why did you allow him to shoot his pistol shouldered through the match? (NOTE: I know USPSA’s ruling on shouldering a braced pistol)

I’d be pissed too if you took my money and then told me my gun was “unfair”. 

Make a rule book for your event and stick to it if you’re that worried about it. 

This ^

Uhh, did I miss something, but if there is no Tax Stamp for that thing and he is shooting it from the shoulder, isn't that a Felony? I can only imagine if someone was hurt and the property owner/club owner/ match director allowed it, imagine the civil penalties? And what if it was not sanctioned by the USPSA rules and regulations, won't that mean they are not covered by the USPSA insurance?

Just thinking out loud, but I think this thread went south over PCC jealousy. 

21 minutes ago, Nevadazielmeister said:

Uhh, did I miss something, but if there is no Tax Stamp for that thing and he is shooting it from the shoulder, isn't that a Felony?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/atf-letter-march-21-2017.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwisyKag95DcAhUR658KHcSoDwAQFjADegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw3QYo6aK4Pwj6VX9djwUGKI