Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification

I need a little clarification on classificaiton. Are you automatically classified one class down once you are classified in one division. If you are a B in limited, does that automatically make you a C in any other division that you choose to shoot? If you are, do you still have to shoot 4 classifiers or are you a C by default? I always thought that only worked when you made GM in one division. I am a B in Limited and production but have started to shoot carry optics. I don't have enough classifiers on record to be classified yet in CO. If I go to a Level 2 match, do I sign up as U or C? Thanks 

You are unclassified in a division until you get the minimum number of scores uploaded (4) for that division. Then they calculate your new classification that will be no lower than one class below your highest existing classification.

You have to have 4 classifiers in a division to have a classification but you cannot be classed any lower than 1 class below your highest class no matter how low(as long as they arent zeros) So until you get 4, you are U.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 7:47 PM, ChuckS said:

You are unclassified in a division until you get the minimum number of scores uploaded (4) for that division. Then they calculate your new classification that will be no lower than one class below your highest existing classification.

So say I'm an A in Limited and I shoot enough classifiers in Prod. and CO I'll be a B no matter how bad of a day I had?

On 7/25/2018 at 11:24 AM, wally247 said:

So say I'm an A in Limited and I shoot enough classifiers in Prod. and CO I'll be a B no matter how bad of a day I had?

Your first four matches in CO you’ll be a “U.”

Assuming you don’t zero those classifiers, you’ll find yourself classified as a CO B class once four valid scores are entered.

...Even if you nearly zeroed a couple, and you’re a 5% B class shooter. ?

From there, you begin moving up normally. However, if you bump to M in Limited it’ll drag you up to A in Carry Optics.

Edited by MemphisMechanic