Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI +10 magazine extensions for Glock mags

On 7/20/2018 at 1:52 PM, cjfung10 said:

Does anyone have pictures of their TTI or TF extension where they filed? I've done the follower modification but it seems to still hang up on my TF basepad around round 35/36.

Thanks,

Chris

As requested.

IMG_20180716_095713.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Little update on the one TTI +10 I have. As I stated earlier, when the mag would bind up around 35-36 I would just hold pressure on the top round and smack the base plate into the palm of my hand to un-bind it. Well after a good practice session on Sunday the mag no longer binds up. Cool!

On 7/21/2018 at 4:16 PM, BiggMike said:

As requested.

IMG_20180716_095713.jpg

Id be careful with that, go too much and you could create a step(the mag body) that the follower has to jump over to feed. Basically the reveresing the issue. Ill take a mag that is finicky to load but feeds fine over the opposite of that any day. 

Just now, Patrick Scott said:

Id be careful with that, go too much and you could create a step(the mag body) that the follower has to jump over to feed. Basically the reveresing the issue. Ill take a mag that is finicky to load but feeds fine over the opposite of that any day. 

No worries. I smoothed out the bottom of the mag to work with the TF basepads. So when I switched over, the actually worked a little better. I will probably replace the basepads after the season anyway. 

ok, just finished installing these on a couple ETS mags, and ran them at a local match.

My existing setup is an ETS mag with a +10 Taylorfreelance extension.

The TTI extension is definitely shorter on the back side of the mag, by about 0.200"
Things I did to make it work:
1. sand the back of the follower
- a little more than I had to for the TF extension
2. add 3 layers of 3m vinyl tape to the inside of the ETS mag, on the back side(primer side)
- about 0.75" long

another option that could probably work:
deburring the extension chamfer(mine were all quire sharp),
and heating, and bending the back of the follower.

Edited by mmlook

Mine hung up at 35 as well. The smack technique seemed to cure it. I also used a polishing wheel on the Dremel to chamfer the hard inside edge on the back of the mag.

21 coil spring is what comes with this kit. I suspect the Taccom or MBX will work for replacement.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I have been contemplating purchasing one of these to try out. Now that these seem to have been out for a while and have seen some use, does anyone have further thoughts on whether these work well or have other issues that would be relevant to the purchase?

While I am on the subject, does anyone know of an upcoming sale (like around Labor Day) or a discount code that I should wait for so that I can save a few $$ on the TTI +10? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Whitefish said:

I have been contemplating purchasing one of these to try out. Now that these seem to have been out for a while and have seen some use, does anyone have further thoughts on whether these work well or have other issues that would be relevant to the purchase?

While I am on the subject, does anyone know of an upcoming sale (like around Labor Day) or a discount code that I should wait for so that I can save a few $$ on the TTI +10? Thanks.

I think The Shooter Mindset has a code if you go and give it a watch on YouTube. 

9 minutes ago, Whitefish said:

I bought one when they first came out. Got about 600rds problem free through it. I have since ordered 4 more. 

15 hours ago, Whitefish said:

Searched You Tube and found a code from Son of Liberty.

Use SONofLIBERTY for 10% off.  Thanks for the idea @HoMiE

Ive had 2 of these from early in this thread.  Also had the same issue with not be able to load the full 41 rounds, and as suggested, gave smack to the bottom, and it worked, and was able to get the full 41 after that.  Only have 1 match on them, but no issues so far.

Thanks to all. I will likely place an order with TTI, but just wanted to be cautious on ordering a potential problem and also, fiscally responsible! After 22 years in USPSA, it seems like this sport can take a real bite out of one's disposable $$ if one is not careful/prudent on purchases. 

I did a Google search on TTI discount codes and sales before posting and nothing of real value came up. Taran's 1 day 15% off sale from early July that he posted on Facebook did, but that is long since past. I watched the Son of Liberty video to see what he had to say and then did another Google search to see if I missed anything. Funny (in a strange way), but after watching the video on You Tube, it now comes up on the Google search front and center. Apparently, tracking at its finest. Go figure!