Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Point Pro vs. C-More RTS2 = Slide or Frame Mounted?

Nevadazielmeister

Bringing this up again as I'm finding the dot on my 2.5 DPPs harder to find in bright conditions.  I'm looking at the RTS2 in 8 MOA (also the SRO in 5 MOA) but my biggest hesitation is the warranty.  C-More says 1 year on the RTS2 but we all know any of the micro red dots could go at any time.  Has anyone had this be an issue?  I've only had to send back a DPP once but again I'm looking for an RDS with some longevity and Manufacturer support so I don't have to constantly change gear.

Most seems to measure longevity in months or years. Would it be more realistic to do it in round count and if major or minor ammo? Anyone can have it for years but shot it only in less than a thousand in minor ammo. Frame or slide mounted. 

Maybe, but that’s my point.  I only shoot about 7-10,000 rounds a year so not nearly as much as most but I want to know that if  the optic craps out after 1 year (with the above lowish round counts) that I’d be treated the same as someone who busts it shooting 10,000 rounds in 3 months

I’m not sure if you’re going slide or frame mounted. Slide mounted, my Open gun killed 3 RTS2s in less than 1000 rounds. CMore repaired or replaced them, but I gave up on them. Not saying they’re no good optics...just not for slide mounted 9Major Open guns...YMMV