Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Point Pro vs. C-More RTS2 = Slide or Frame Mounted?

Nevadazielmeister

So I have read quite a few threads regarding the Delta Point Pro and the RTS-2. Seems they both break at about the same rate and the debate rages regarding which one is better. 

I would like to hear from people regarding how they mount the sights. Which sight are you running, how is it mounted (frame vs. slide), and have you had any issues? 

Maybe we can get a little closer as to figuring out what is killing these poor sights. 

I have two RTS2s slide mounted, two DPPs slide mounted and one DPP frame mounted.  The next two builds will also be slide mounted.  One advantage of the RTS2 is the screw holes are closer together than on the other reflex sights.  That allows you to mount the sight directly on the slide in the rear scallop cut.  With the others, you have to use a custom adapter plate.  That works, but puts the dot higher over the bore than direct mounting.

I’ve only got 6 months on the RTS2. No issues. Frame mounted.

My buddy is using 2 dp pro’s on carry optics guns and broke both. From what I hear Leupold has a service hold currently on the fix for his specific issue. It is only with the motion activation though so it still works fine for competition use. He just has to ensure it is on before the stage since the issue is it will shut off automatically and then not turn back on with motion like it is supposed to.

I haven’t tried the DP’s myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Sarge said:

Two RTS2’s Frame mounted on Cheely mounts still on same batteries from last year absolutely trouble free.

Your old eyes can’t see/tell it’s going off when you shoot. Go home and get your guns, make sure the dot is OFF. Rack each 5 times and report back here that it’s off or on after racking it. Don’t be a pussy when racking it either, sarge. 

Edited by 3gunDQ

On 7/6/2018 at 9:47 AM, Sarge said:

Two RTS2’s Frame mounted on Cheely mounts still on same batteries from last year absolutely trouble free.

NEXT!!!

Well? 

I have a RTS2 frame mount on my CM in open, and a DPP on the slide of my shadow for Production Optics. No issues with either. DPP works very well mounted on the slide and it is my favourite of the two. 

I have 2  DPP, both frame mounted on open guns. One for about a year the other about 18 months. I have had no issues of any kind with these sights, I think I changed the battery in the older of the 2 but honestly don't remember.

Honestly if we could merge the RTS2 and DPP together we could have the best thing on the market, there are features of both that I like. RTS2 brightness adjustment, and glass shape. DPP battery compartment, sight adjustment. Can't we have it all?

• 9 months later...
On 7/6/2018 at 10:31 AM, zzt said:

I have two RTS2s slide mounted, two DPPs slide mounted and one DPP frame mounted.  The next two builds will also be slide mounted.  One advantage of the RTS2 is the screw holes are closer together than on the other reflex sights.  That allows you to mount the sight directly on the slide in the rear scallop cut.  With the others, you have to use a custom adapter plate.  That works, but puts the dot higher over the bore than direct mounting.

i just screwed a RTS2 into a DPP plate meaning that the holes for the RTS2 and DPP are the same...

What timing 'cause I just mounted a DPP on a DoubleTapSports frame mount on my Tanfoglio Ltd Custom. Unfortunately, I could only fit the DPP on the mount using just 2 boss. If I use four, the DPP won't sit flat on the mount. Do you I need all 4 bosses or can I get away with just two?

Oh, my barrel isn't ported and the frame came with a blast shield, should I use it? If I do, the DPP screws aren't long enough. I've got longer screws ordered just in case I do need to use the shield.

Note: I didn't get the correct sized screws for the frame mount, they require countersunk M4 screws so I just used some M4 cap screws I had, just to see how she'd look.

32890855427_02210815b6_b.jpg

Edited by Trinimon

• 1 month later...