Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX buffer system

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

Is this with a standard carbine buffer?  And also with the Blitzkrieg stainless steel buffer weight?

I'm putting together a backup PCC rifle and couldn't find another A5 tube, so I used a carbine tube I had sitting around...  A one inch total (delrin+SS weight) buffer spacer would be pretty long in a carbine tube...  Unless you stopped using the stainless steel weight.

I am using carbine length extension tube

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

With both a delrin half inch spacer and a Stainless steel weight?

The deralin spacer is the taccom spacer, it’s under 3/8” of inch. It is under turn so it has a lip to take up distance but not preload spring by full length. Steel weight is 1/2” in length. 

I have run it with wave spring and spacer at end to take up travel but don’t like the double impulse feel and if you don’t have a firm hold you can have trigger reset issues when in non standard positions. 

Got out today with the MBX buffer and it was night and day to the standard buffer the lower came with. I left the red spring in and used Hornady Steel match 125 HAP ammo and it worked great. Dot barely moved. Recoil was smooth and not a slam. I am happy with it and plan to test the blue spring and see how it works compared to the red spring.

5 hours ago, HoMiE said:

The deralin spacer is the taccom spacer, it’s under 3/8” of inch. It is under turn so it has a lip to take up distance but not preload spring by full length. Steel weight is 1/2” in length. 

I have run it with wave spring and spacer at end to take up travel but don’t like the double impulse feel and if you don’t have a firm hold you can have trigger reset issues when in non standard positions. 

I started with wave springs, too...  That's why I originally went to the A5 buffer tube...  Stopped using the wave springs and now use simple 1" diameter delrin spacers...  They alter the spring compression, but I figure that the more I reduce the bolt stroke, the more the compressed spring helps...  Switched from a rifle spring to a carbine spring a while back.

Thanks, Homie... 

On 1/17/2019 at 12:25 PM, HoMiE said:

https://taccom3g.com/product/alw-308-recoil-system/

Is that the Taccom delrin spacer you're talking about?

My 1" diameter buffer spacers are getting so long that they preload the recoil spring a lot...  My rifle shoots well, but I think it would be flatter if I didn't preload the spring so much...  I recently ordered some delrin 3/4" diameter rods to make a buffer spacer that fits inside the recoil spring, but I'm concerned that the buffer would move back and forth inside the spring while shooting...  Concerned that it would act like a battering ram against the back of the receiver extension.

Are the Taccom spacers solid?  If I could cut the length down to size it looks like it would be prefect.

43 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

My 1" diameter buffer spacers are getting so long that they preload the recoil spring a lot...  My rifle shoots well, but I think it would be flatter if I didn't preload the spring so much...  I recently ordered some delrin 3/4" diameter rods to make a buffer spacer that fits inside the recoil spring, but I'm concerned that the buffer would move back and forth inside the spring while shooting...  Concerned that it would act like a battering ram against the back of the receiver extension.

Are the Taccom spacers solid?  If I could cut the length down to size it looks like it would be prefect.

The spacer i use is the deralin spacer that comes with the taccom adjustable buffer. It goes in bottom of receiver extension , it has a small lip which the spring holds it in place. You can always start to clip some coils on rifle length or go to carbine length spring. 

52 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

The buffer pad from mbx is what I use with a 95 inch/lbs wave spring, 5015 blitzkrieg and red sprinco. The yellow sprinco with the mbx green internal spring, stage 2 preload and spacer was a very close second. 

https://mbxextreme.com/index.php?page=PCC_Buffer

749B70AE-0CF6-4EEE-803E-DA82F7AB2BE9.jpeg