Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX buffer system

From what I've seen the MBX are pretty similar to the Taccom but the Taccom being less expensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I can only compare to my CMMG, I like them both. The MBX is a sweet light recoil impulse. The spring is a bugger to pull back far enough to lock. My CMMG is a 8.5 pistol no brake so can’t compare apples to apples, but it jumps a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBX is # 1 if you tune it to your load. Depending on your buffer spring you might have to cut 11/2" to 2" coils off for the bolt to lock back.You just have to have patience and play with it.  I have tried them all....Blitzkrieg is a distant second.

Edited by Puma
11 hours ago, Puma said:

MBX is # 1 if you tune it to your load. Depending on your buffer spring you might have to cut 11/2" to 2" coils off for the bolt to lock back.You just have to have patience and play with it.  I have tried them all....Blitzkrieg is a distant second.

Thanks for the info,

Keep it coming.

• 6 months later...

no do not remove counter weight. get the tune kit  . 

I ended up with the blue spring . double taps together

and able to shoot a plate rack at 25 yards by sweeping the plates .

just like using my shotgun.

1 hour ago, AHI said:

no do not remove counter weight. get the tune kit  . 

I ended up with the blue spring . double taps together

and able to shoot a plate rack at 25 yards by sweeping the plates .

just like using my shotgun.

Thanks for the info. I was planning on getting the tuning kit too.

6 hours ago, HoMiE said:

4 out of 5 GMs prefer Blitzkrieg 

Curious about where this information came from.  I've read that Max L and several others run the Blitzkreig but that's about all I've read about it.

I have a 5007 Blitzkreig and so far do not see that much of an improvement over other buffer systems.  Tried a almost a half dozen buffer springs with different weight buffers and 9mm loads.

Received their stainless steel short stroke cylinder last week but have not yet tried that route.  The testing continues.

2 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Curious about where this information came from.  I've read that Max L and several others run the Blitzkreig but that's about all I've read about it.

I have a 5007 Blitzkreig and so far do not see that much of an improvement over other buffer systems.  Tried a almost a half dozen buffer springs with different weight buffers and 9mm loads.

Received their stainless steel short stroke cylinder last week but have not yet tried that route.  The testing continues.

I guess the dentyne joke was a pretty bad one but most of the top GM shooter I know run the blitzkrieg buffer system. 

16 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I think the Blitzkrieg buffer system starts to come into its own when you short stroke the bolt...  The more you limit bolt travel, the better it seems to shoot.

50 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

I think the Blitzkrieg buffer system starts to come into its own when you short stroke the bolt...  The more you limit bolt travel, the better it seems to shoot.

That’s the key and it’s all going to vary based on your load. Shot 3 different guns all with 5007 buffer and they all felt different based on factory ammo vs different reloads and bullet weights. 

2 hours ago, HoMiE said:

If it’s 2.5” spacer that seems like it would be to short. I’m only using a 1/2” spacer to get the stroke need to eject and reset trigger reliably. 

my bolt with mbx buffer still travels approximately 2" after trigger rests - of course, it would still need to be cut down 

20 hours ago, Fo0 said:

my bolt with mbx buffer still travels approximately 2" after trigger rests - of course, it would still need to be cut down 

Two inches past the trigger reset point is a lot... 

You'll have to shorten the rifle spacer, but it should work fine.

On 1/14/2019 at 2:23 PM, HoMiE said:

If it’s 2.5” spacer that seems like it would be to short. I’m only using a 1/2” spacer to get the stroke need to eject and reset trigger reliably. 

Is this with a standard carbine buffer?  And also with the Blitzkrieg stainless steel buffer weight?

I'm putting together a backup PCC rifle and couldn't find another A5 tube, so I used a carbine tube I had sitting around...  A one inch total (delrin+SS weight) buffer spacer would be pretty long in a carbine tube...  Unless you stopped using the stainless steel weight.