Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you have your reloader set up on the right, left or center of your reloading bench

minnesota1

I just got a new bench, I've also bought a bunch of awesome items from Inline Fabrication, one item is the quick change mount, etc. So I only need to have one spot on my bench for different loaders I have. I'm right handed, not that that should make a difference here, but what are your thoughts on which side you'd set your reloader on? I'm just wondering if there's any reasoning behind setting it up on one side vs. the other. I haven't heard of any, but curious as there may be. I know I want it either on the right or left side so I can work on other things on the bench as well. Let me know your rationale.

Thanks!

I have my Dillon XL650 setup on the right side of my bench and my Lee Turret press on the left side of my bench since it's smaller.  I'm left handed but the press is right handed.  Since the Turret press is smaller, it allows me to use my powder drop, scale and some of the smaller accessories I use on the left side.  

The side you choose doesn't matter, but if you use the left or right, it will allow more open space for other stuff.

10 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Or, you could just put it in the middle.

Yep, mines in the middle.

I keep a box of projectiles and primers on the left, along with my flip tray and scale. I keep powder and filled tubes on the right, along with bins for completed rounds. 

Works out well. 

20 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Or, you could just put it in the middle.

I get that, but if I want to work on a long gun or something else that requires a little extra space then that would be more problematic.

I built a 4’x8’ workbench and have my two progressives evenly spaced on one 4’ side and single stages on the other 4’ side, though I sometimes unbolt the single stagers and move them around, as now because that end is pretty close to the garage wall and gets blocked in with storage needs more often than not. The two remaining 8’ sides are left open for standard workbench projects... or all the junk my wife piles there when she unloads the car.  To answer your question, though I’d pick the least used side (for non-reloading related proojects) and put it there being careful to leave room before the edge for bullet boxes, loading trays, etc.  

Edited by jkrispies

I just went and measured around my 650.  I gave myself 10” on either side, and don’t feel cramped.  I’d personally rather keep the rest of the bench available for other uses than take it up with excess room for the loader.   

Edited by jkrispies

Probably depends on the width of your bench. Mine is 6’ and I was originally planning on mounting in the center thinking I’d have plenty of room for workspace on each side but ultimately decided that mounting to the right would be best so the bench could double as a standing desk for when I work from home. 3dbbd853fe93327798e087149bd176e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Scott Steele said:

IMG_5307.JPG

Middle and left only because roll sizer is to the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that light.  What kind is it?  Where can I get one?

On 7/6/2018 at 6:44 AM, stick said:

I have my Dillon XL650 setup on the right side of my bench and my Lee Turret press on the left side of my bench since it's smaller.  I'm left handed but the press is right handed.  Since the Turret press is smaller, it allows me to use my powder drop, scale and some of the smaller accessories I use on the left side.  

The side you choose doesn't matter, but if you use the left or right, it will allow more open space for other stuff.

Deja vu

- XL650 to the right

- Lee to the left (but its a classic)

- I'm left handed

Edited by BMaus

Using a Husky 11 drawer tool bench with small cabinet door on left side that has 6 wheels under it.

‘Think it has a 2700 lb capacity.  

Three dillons on top evenly spaced all on strong mounts.  

Point I’m trying to make is seating/standing position is more important.  

I use a tall bar stool for when I sit.  I change positions frequently to avoid getting hypnotic and making mistakes.

Excuse the mess.  I’m organizing and cleaning it up this weekend. 

Hidden in the back of the center Dillon, I have my Rockchucker on a portable stand that is used for bullet pulling with a collet. 

A653F9CC-A4D7-4B59-908F-851BD25805FF.jpeg

Edited by Currently
Added pix