Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

happy with the sideways mount???????

tswisher21

I have a STI dvc open in 9mm,i sent it back it back to sti and its a lot better but I still get the occasional jam. Mostly with major ammo. There is a lot of talk about the sideways mounts . Do you have one that cured your jams and who's mount is it? If you are up to it a picture of it on your gun would be great. Thanks

I have a STI DVC 9mm open gun that did the same thing yours is doing with the original mount..... you can tune your ejector to work.. but if you different head stamp brass the problem will re-occur..  I went to a DAA vertical mount .. no more jams... I would not go back to the original mount..

I found 90 degree mounts ugly. I used one for a few years until they got the bugs worked out of the RTS2 then switched. But the 90 will certainly fix ejection issues. No question

Cameron Custom 90 degree with *thumb rest [generic]* opposable thumb rest.  You will need an extended slide racker or just put the one that comes with the gun  on the right side.

It immediately took care of some earlier problems with ejection.  Love the sideways mount.

Edited by javmack

1 hour ago, javmack said:

Cameron Custom 90 degree with *thumb rest [generic]* opposable thumb rest.  You will need an extended slide racker or just put the one that comes with the gun  on the right side.

It immediately took care of some earlier problems with ejection.  Love the sideways mount.

Same mount and works for me. Had so many ejection issues with the straight up mounts on my other open guns I went with the sideways mount on my new open guns. Looked like it would interfere with seeing targets but was not a problem when I used it. No slide racker and don’t see a need for one. Love the sideways mount. 

i just turned both of mine 90* to get the dot lower to the barrel, way easier to pick it up that way, at least for me.  i have a quinn on one and brazos on the other, both seem to work fine.

I used a Toni Systems 90 degree mount for about a year. Dot was easier to pick than regular upright mount but the thumbrest was hard to access and slide manipulation was difficult.

I bought an RTS2 and haven't regretted a bit. Picking up the dot is easier than with the 90 degree and thumbrest and slide manipulation are easy.

I had no malfunctions with any of these so YMMV

• 1 month later...

I replaced my slide ride with an RTS 2 since that is what STI sells the DVC Open with at this time. I didn’t like a few things about the side mount. The looks, the balance, the sight picture and the interference with the slide rocker and thumb rest. All of these made me move to the RTS2. I sold the mount and CMore slide ride to offset the RTS2 cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro