Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Hardcore or Thunder for Limited major?

JMPhotog

I am looking at buying a CK for USPSA Limited major. I do not know of anyone near me that has some to shoot, so I have to go off of what I have shot. I have narrowed my search to a Hardcore or Thunder. So basically do I want the lightened slide? I currently shoot a lot of IDPA using an Ed Brown full size in both 45 CDP and 9mm ESP. I am thinking the hardcore might be a similar balance to my full size 1911's? Any thoughts or suggestions? I am definitely going with their metal grip option, other than that its either the Hardcore with full length dust cover or the Thunder or the 5.5" Thunder.

My buddy had a thunder limited gun it was a awsome gun. He has a thunder shorty open gun now an his son has a cheely. I have hard core open gun an couldn’t be happier. For the money u can’t go wrong with either one. I know a akai or atlas will have little more detail. 

4 minutes ago, 36873687 said:

My buddy had a thunder limited gun it was a awsome gun. He has a thunder shorty open gun now an his son has a cheely. I have hard core open gun an couldn’t be happier. For the money u can’t go wrong with either one. I know a akai or atlas will have little more detail. 

26F0FC25-7EF2-4A66-B290-864A43A00679.jpeg

You gotta go with the Thunder, just because the slide lightening looks sexy.  My IDPA gun has the Hardcore slide cuts and they are a tad slick.  The Thunder cuts will give you more grip for unloaded starts and the rare malfunction clearing.