Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 WEAK MAGAZINE EJECT

ART79

ANYONE SEEN THIS?  CZ SP01 AS IT CAME FROM THE FACTORY - AFTER APPROX 6,000 9MM, USING CZ MAGAZINES - MAGAZINE RELEASE DOES RELEASE THE MAGAZINE BUT NO LONGER EJECTS THE MAGAZINE.  SAME FOR ALL 8 MAGAZINES. THOUGHTS?

When was the last time you cleaned inside the grip along with complete stripping and cleaning the magazines?

My mags (tanfo) will get a little sticky from pro-grip or carbon smootz if I don't clean them.

Cleaning is always important.  As it happens, I strip and clean guns and mags after every use.  Magazines offer more resistance than I expect for the last inch of insertion, no suspicious sign of wear on any of the sleaves that might provide a clue to where they are catching.  I may have to buy a new magazine and use a micrometer to see if something is distorting with wear. 

SOLUTION FOUND:  My jurisdiction restricts the capacity of magazines to 10rds.  The plastic base plate CZ uses to extend the short magazine sleave to the bottom of the magazine well appears to wear against the metal sleave over time resulting in a slight missalignment between the sleave and the plastic base plate.  The slight missalignment results in additional friction and weak ejection. A new extended plastic base plate eliminated the problem on all eight magazines.

• 3 months later...