Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which is your favorite CZ and why?

Gcarr

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CZ makes an excellent line, and it is tough to pick a favorite. I own six CZ's and my favorite is the one I use in competition. Last year it was my Czechmate when I was shooting open, and this year it is my Shadowmate fitted with a DPP for Production Optics, which I definitely think I will stick with :)!

I used to use an STI Eagle in .45 for Limited 10, and thought nothing would ever be better. But......since Limited 10 has fallen to the wayside, I decided to try CO on a lark with my aging eyeballs. I tried an SP-01 at last years Nationals, and the hook was set.

Ordered one from CZ Custom with the optic cuts and all the modifications, and it shoots far better then I canStuart and his crew make a CZ danceThe only other gun I think I might try is the Czechmate, I only wish it was made in .38 Super Comp. But for now, the SP-01 is heads above my favorite. It has improved my shooting dramatically.

I'm a sucker for the P09.  I will admit it is an acquired taste, and I have shot SP01s and Shadows that had better triggers.  They just appeal to me, are very accurate, easy to work on, and with the large backstrap and some griptape, really solid in my grip.  

Im really torn between my BullShadow2 and my CO Shadow2. The Shadow2 Frame fits my hand and grip style better than the traditional CZ75 frames. The CO Shadow2 has the “kitchen sink” done to it, so it’s a lighter weight pull but the CZC trigger work on the BS2 is just so butter smooth.

i2neva.jpg

25qyg4o.jpg

My 85B is my favorite but do not tell me other CZs. ? First CZ i upgraded myself, the CZ that i started grouping well with for the first time and the first CZ that i picked up Nill grips for. They may not be good for every application but for target shooting i really like Nill grips. My 85 Combat is my least favorite due to the factory sights. I plan on having the rear sight cut reprofiled for another sight i picked up but i have not gotten around to it yet.

Mp7LPOo.jpg

vAzfVYT.jpg

Edited by Tok36

On 7/3/2018 at 6:12 AM, rowdyb said:

... ipsc prod optics doesn't have our uspsa weight limit, so they made it for that game not ours.

IPSC Production Optics is only a provisional division, so far. There are no common rules. Each Region can do what they like. I recall Germany is trying plastic guns only, while Finland even allows sights mounted on frame rails.

None the less, the Opitcs REady Shadow 2 is not built to conform to USPSA Carry Optics but is suitable and being used in many IPSC regions for the provisional division PRoduction Optics. Not the US.

My Shadow 2 is my favorite so far. It’s like cheating. 

Picked up a P01 last week but haven’t shot it yet. Have CGW parts and grips already on the way though. Looking forward to trying it out. 

Edited by jpm2953

Shadow 2.

I own a SP01, a Scorpion, a S2, and the S2 is just fantastic out of the box. 
A lightened hammer spring, maybe an extended FP and lightened FP spring and that's it, you're ready.

The only (very minor) drawback is the "urban grey" paint on the frame, nice but you can scratch the trigger guard easily when drawing from a holster.

I recently picked up the two tone FDE P10c and I think it looks great.  In addition, I really like the following features of the P10c:

The front and rear slide serrations are deep and angled and make getting a good grip on the slide easy.

The factory night sights come blacked out on the rear sight and make for quick target acquisition.

The aggressive stippling on the grip works great for me and isn’t uncomfortable.  I shoot indoors exclusively and on these hot and humid days, I don’t lose my grip.

Finally, like the fact the slide closes automatically when you firmly insert a loaded magazine.

• 2 months later...

Right now my SP-01 is. I purchased a Phantom2 to go with it a year later. I am in the midst of Cajunizing both of them right now. At first, the steel SP-01 was way ahead of the Phantom. The partial upgrades made to date and time spent shooting the Phantom have closed that gap a lot, but the steel SP-01 is still my favorite because I shoot it the best. And the fact that I shoot it with my Kadet2 conversion kit all the time makes it really hard to beat. 

2 hours ago, DCSigCZ said:

......And the fact that I shoot it with my Kadet2 conversion kit all the time makes it really hard to beat. 

Did the Kadet .22 Conversion require much fitting to the frame?

It required what I would consider a little fitting.  It's moderately tight right now because I removed the minimum amount of material.  I do not currently have any Dykem so I used black permanent marker to coat the areas of the block on the barrel to learn where the interference was, then carefully and slowly removed metal while constantly checking the fit so I stopped when I removed the absolute minimum required. Installing ad removing the slide requires a moderate push with the thumbs because there is a very very light interference fit.

My Kadet performs fabulously on the significantly lightened up action of my SP-01. I shoot 90% .22 LR with my Kadet in all of my training, then shoot 10% 9mm. I shoot IDPA and practice every weekend so I am approaching 5,000 rounds through the Kadet. No problems and no wear at all. I absolutely love it. 

Edited by DCSigCZ
Spelling correction plus one additional detail.

For my hands the CZ Shadow, Type 2 Target (CZ Customs) with scale grips is perfect in terms of ergonomics and trigger pull.  The Czechmate with scale grips is a close second, however, the trigger pull keeps getting lighter as I continue to shoot more rounds.