Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 round mag

rooster

Just got an advertisement from glockmeister  and they have a factory g17 mag that holds 24 rnds .  Does anybody know if it is legal in carry optics?  I couldn’t find any dimensions or info about it.

Saw that ad and wondered myself. Not having one in hand, I would guess it is the same length as the 22 rd 40 mag Glock has made for quite some time now. Seems about right for two more rounds in 9mm. The 22 round 40 mag is too long for 141.25, but it does make a decent open mag with the addition of the specific basepad Taylor Freelance made for that purpose. It does fit the gauge at 171.25 for open with the basepad installed and I can squeeze 25 rounds of 40 in it, 24 reloadable. Stands to reason the 24 round 9mm mag would make a decent big stick with the same basepad and probably get 28 rounds in it. So, you are out of luck for CO, but probably ok if you want to try open with the TF basepad.

On 7/5/2018 at 5:28 PM, Whitefish said:

Saw that ad and wondered myself. Not having one in hand, I would guess it is the same length as the 22 rd 40 mag Glock has made for quite some time now. Seems about right for two more rounds in 9mm. The 22 round 40 mag is too long for 141.25, but it does make a decent open mag with the addition of the specific basepad Taylor Freelance made for that purpose. It does fit the gauge at 171.25 for open with the basepad installed and I can squeeze 25 rounds of 40 in it, 24 reloadable. Stands to reason the 24 round 9mm mag would make a decent big stick with the same basepad and probably get 28 rounds in it. So, you are out of luck for CO, but probably ok if you want to try open with the TF basepad.

IF you put the TF +10 on that 24 rounder you are now at 34. That would be a nice mid size mag for 20+ round stages. 

1 hour ago, mstamper said:

IF you put the TF +10 on that 24 rounder you are now at 34. That would be a nice mid size mag for 20+ round stages. 

You could do that, but the resulting length of the mag is much too long for even open division, so not legal for any "pistol" division with the TF +10 on the 24 rd mag. The only division where that combination of a 24 rd mag and a TF +10 basepad would be legal is PCC (original question was about CO) and then, you would still be short of the 31 round Glock 18 mags with a TF +10 where shooters are getting 41 rounds. I just put a TTI +3 basepad on a 31 rd mag with the factory spring and am getting 34 rounds reloadable and do not have to worry about the sometimes troublesome transition to a TF +10. I could even use the TTI +6 on the 31 round mag and get at least 36 rounds with the stock mag spring. I doubt if the stock spring in the 24 rounder is long enough to even work with a TF +10, so you would have to swap out the stock mag spring to the 18 or 19 coil spring meant for the 31/33 rd mag anyway. 

1 minute ago, Whitefish said:

You could do that, but the resulting length of the mag is much too long for even open division, so not legal for any "pistol" division with the TF +10 on the 24 rd mag. The only division where that combination of a 24 rd mag and a TF +10 basepad would be legal is PCC (original question was about CO) and then, you would still be short of the 31 round Glock 18 mags with a TF +10 where shooters are getting 41 rounds. I just put a TTI +3 basepad on a 31 rd mag with the factory spring and am getting 34 rounds reloadable and do not have to worry about the sometimes troublesome transition to a TF +10. I could even use the TTI +6 on the 31 round mag and get at least 36 rounds with the stock mag spring. I doubt if the stock spring in the 24 rounder is long enough to even work with a TF +10, so you would have to swap out the stock mag spring to the 18 or 19 coil spring meant for the 31/33 rd mag anyway. 

OOPPPS I guess I forgot about this being about CO and pistols. I am a PCC guy and we have all sorts of fun with mags and extensions. LOL 

I looked at the glockmiester site and they want more for the 24 rounder than they want for a 33 rounder. I looked at other sites and no one has the 24 yet. I would be interested in having a 24 rounder but not at the price of a 33.