Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brand new czechmate issues

love2fishnshoot

Look, it's a new gun.  It will take 500 rounds before everything smooths out all by itself.  Stop sanding and polishing.  Load your mags fully and let them sit for at least a full week.  If you shoot sooner, fill them again and let them sit.  After two weeks the springs will have taken a set and feeding will be smooth.

You opened you feed lips too wide and that caused your later problem.  Close the front up slightly so the top round points to the top of the feed ramp, not the chamber.  You should not have to ream the chamber.  If you want to load long because you are using  a fluffy powder, you may have to throat your barrel, not ream the chamber.

Here is a picture showing case fills for Major with a 115gr bullet.  

9majorsb-figure-4.thumb.jpg.e06779b7650069d648d838783144d81c.jpg

Edited by zzt

• 2 years later...
On 7/2/2018 at 1:53 AM, love2fishnshoot said:

Loaded each mag to 10 rds. I noticed they were a little tougher to load rounds into

In what way were the rounds tougher to load?   Stiff spring? Rounds a smidge long?

22 hours ago, Sen said:

I just bought a cz chechmate and got some problem

If you read page 1 the OP's original problem was fixed by opening up the feedlips of the mags.  Second issue was because the OAL of the ammo he was using was too long. CZs tend to like shorter length ammo.  I run the 9mm loads for my CZs at 1.08 to 1.10