Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Struggling with 25 yd groups

AF2010

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/21/2019 at 10:33 PM, rowdyb said:

OK, what I am saying is you need to demonstrate the ability to shoot a 3 to 5 shot group, at 3 to 5 yards where all holes touch and form one hole.

Look at the example in one of Tim Herron's videos where he puts a target at 7yards and a target directly in line behind it at 25y. You can not see the 25 yard target, but you shoot your absolute best group at 7y, then you go and look at what that ends up at 25 yards.

You extrapolate for yourself just what your grip, trigger control and sight movement equals in shooting performance. If you don't have the ability to shoot those small of groups up close you can not shoot all A groups at 25 yards.

Any of you are having big differences in shooting when standing high  or staying low? Like 2-3 inches upper (if standing high) at 25 yards? I got to remind to myself to stay low or I will shoot that plate at 25+ yards always too high. 

On 4/11/2019 at 1:34 AM, xdf3 said:

Any of you are having big differences in shooting when standing high  or staying low? Like 2-3 inches upper (if standing high) at 25 yards? I got to remind to myself to stay low or I will shoot that plate at 25+ yards always too high. 

No, because sight alignment is the same no matter how one stands. 

If I or anyone are having trouble with sight alignment at different stances then dry fire those until the sights are seen consistently. 

I found it was very difficult to align sights when leaning around a wall for a hard target. Every time I practice that is part the f the routine. 

Personally, the way I improve shooting 25 yard groups is to make them part of every practice session.

Edited by HesedTech