Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Struggling with 25 yd groups

AF2010

The OP wanted tight groups @25 yards, and your saying Ron's method is going to give them to him. correct? I am not that smart so I am asking.
First you must do one, then you must do the other. As Ron says, no amount of aiming is going to give you tight groups without trigger control.

Ron isn't saying that nobody should ever aim the gun. It's basically the first thing he says in the video. "You need to be able to pull the trigger without changing the attitude of the gun. Until you can do that, aiming is useless." Don't ignore the part in italics as it's pretty damn important. He goes on to say you need to be able to not only press the trigger without moving the gun, but also to yank the trigger (ie go fast) without changing the attitude of the gun. Did you watch the video, or just read the title?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever, makes one feel all knowing and important. In 1974 when I joined the corps. Breathing SP SA TS. and the target was always holy. It could be just me, but to make a stuipd blanket statement like "aiming is useless"  is just that. Sounds like something a Democrat would say with blind followers.  just saying

Edited by usmc1974

26 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

What ever, makes one feel all knowing and important. In 1974 when I joined the corps. Breathing SP SA TS. and the target was always holy. It could be just me, but to make a stuipd blanket statement like "aiming is useless"  is just that. Sounds like something a Democrat would say with blind followers.  just saying

Rob is just stating that aiming is useless if you can't pull the trigger without moving the gun.

"Aiming is useless" is a blanket statement. "Aiming is useless if you can't pull the trigger" is a qualified statement. Those are opposites. I'll ask again, did you watch the video or just read the clickbait title?

25 minutes ago, jmtyndall said:
1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

"Aiming is useless" is a blanket statement. "Aiming is useless if you can't pull the trigger" is a qualified statement. Those are opposites. I'll ask again, did you watch the video or just read the clickbait title?

I watched the whole video. Believe what what you want.

1 minute ago, Steve RA said:

Considering the records he has set for many, many years I'd say he has a very good idea what he is saying !!!

6 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

I watched the whole video. Believe what what you want.

He got there by long hours of practice and thousands and thousands of rounds practicing and practicing and practicing it don't matter how great you are pulling the trigger if your sights is not on the target! you're going to miss everything, you shoot at. but what do I know because I don't have a bunch of titles

Edited by usmc1974

25 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

He got there by long hours of practice and thousands and thousands of rounds practicing and practicing and practicing it don't matter how great you are pulling the trigger if your sights is not on the target! you're going to miss everything, you shoot at. but what do I know because I don't have a bunch of titles

What good is aiming if you can't prevent the gun from moving while pulling the trigger?

If you got good sight alignment and sight picture. The gun is not moving. Why is that so hard to understand if you don't need the aim and you just got a wonderful trigger squeeze hell why not shoot-from-the-hip don't waste time bringing it all the way up to your eyeball why is that so hard to understand sight picture sight alignment and Trigger squeeze is a three-sided triangle no one is more important than the other

Edited by usmc1974

16 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

if you don't need the aim and you just got a wonderful trigger squeeze hell why not shoot-from-the-hip don't waste time bringing it all the way up to your eyeball 

Why not indeed?

27 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

If you got good sight alignment and sight picture. The gun is not moving...

Until you push the gun left with too much trigger and pull the gun down anticipating the recoil. Then your sight alignment and sight picture go right in the garbage. They were useless to you because by the time the primer ignited and the bullet left the barrel the gun was pointed somewhere other than where your perfect sight alignment and sight picture told you they were. Aim all you want. Take 3 weeks to set the gun up on a rest. Doesn't matted if I kick the muzzle right before you break the shot.

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

Why not indeed?

Wow!!! That is so cool. Can you do that? Also, can all you guys do what Rob lathram and Taran tactical Taran Butler does? or do you have to aim? just asking.

Edited by usmc1974

5 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

You can do almost anything with enough practice, natural ability also helps considerably.  Also they aren't shooting from the hip @ 25 yards either.

So your saying you can do what Rob and Taran are doing?

On 3/31/2019 at 7:40 PM, TONY BARONE said:

USMC you are wrong he got there with his God given talent and a little practice.

That could not be farther from the truth. In over 20 years of practicing together, the number of quality rounds we put down range could not be estimated.

13 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

No, I'm not saying I can do what they are doing - also, that isn't Rob Leatham with Taran, it's Robert Vogel .

I Know who it was but the names don't matter at that level. Rob Latham , Robert Vogel or Taran Butler. You Steve RA have to use sight picture sight alignment and Trigger squeeze and with that I rest my case.

If attitudes are not adjusted, cases will be rested.

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

3 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

If attitudes are not adjusted, cases will be rested.

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

I am not offended I thought we was just having a regular old conversation I must have missed something along the way sorry

39 minutes ago, benos said:

That could not be farther from the truth. In over 20 years of practicing together, the number of quality rounds we put down range could not be estimated.

Thank you.  practice practice practice practice and more practice is what makes you a great champion.

Edited by usmc1974
My phone is typing what it wants, instead of what I want