Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Langdon Elite LTT

Jeff O

I'm a tanfo guy and picked up my LTT last night. Wow... this thing is super nice and will be my PRD and SSP gun going forward as soon it makes the list.

I did the regular 'base model' plus the trigger job and this is the smoothest double action I've ever felt. Out of the box ready for competition, nothing needs to be added or taken off of it. 

They really knocked it out of the park on this one..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, wizzles said:

Just got mine, is there any way to tell if it has the trigger job done?  It's smooth but the reset is a little weak.

92Gs with LTT trigger will have the OEM trigger bar loose in the box, plus a loose D spring... LTT installs the WC trigger bar and a 13# spring instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 12:55 PM, MAJmorgan said:

Question for the LTT 92G Elite owners: Are your LTTs shooting POA=POI or do you need 6 o'clock hold?

I rec'd mine last week, and it requires a 6 o'clock hold, which is annoying since every other pistol is setup to shoot POA=POI.  I'm talking 4" high at 10 yards, or need to aim at base of 8" circle to hit COM.  Ammo was Federal SynTech 150g & 147g Minor reloads, both shoot same POI.

If any of you have changed the front sight out, does it take the Dawson Vertec front?  Dawson shows Vertec, Brigadier, Brigadier Elite and 92A1 FO front sights, all with different SKUs.  Does Beretta really use a different dovetail on all these similar pistols?  Madness.

The LTT Rear sight is pretty small, so I don't think a lower rear is an option, I need a taller front to regulate.  LTT Front measures 0.160" tall x 0.115" wide.  Rear notch is 0.150" wide, rear sight 0.195" tall.

I'll contrast this frustrating LTT experience with the Dan Wesson Pointman 9, which shoots POA=POI outta the box with the above ammo; guns are within $150 of each other, so I think its a fair comparison.

Any help on LTT 92G front sight selection would be welcome.

On an unrelated note, if Langdon has to sell 2,000 pistols before the LTT Elite is Production legal, its going to be a while... my serial # under LTT000349 and pistol was shipped 7 days ago.

Have you tried 115gr ammo? For me 115gr hits right behind the fiber optic. I'm actually here to figure out info on how to get a 6'oclock hold with 124gr ammo.....

I suspect that the 92s are (as I've been told from a Beretta guy) ammo sensitive when it comes to this. Heavier bullet = higher the impact at range (as backwards as that sounds).

Edited by hav3n

On 11/26/2018 at 8:23 PM, hav3n said:

Have you tried 115gr ammo? For me 115gr hits right behind the fiber optic. I'm actually here to figure out info on how to get a 6'oclock hold with 124gr ammo.....

I suspect that the 92s are (as I've been told from a Beretta guy) ammo sensitive when it comes to this. Heavier bullet = higher the impact at range (as backwards as that sounds).

Yes, last 20y test was SynTech 150g, my 147g reloads and Peak 115g. At 20y the 150g hit 2.5" high, 147g 2" high and the 115g about 1" high.  Due to old eyes and wide rear notch, I struggle shooting groups with the LTT; half (5 of 10) of the 115g hit within 1" of aiming point at 20y, so of the 3 loads the Peak Performance 115g is closest to POA=POI.  Since I'd prefer to shoot the 150g, its not ideal, and I'd much prefer a .125 rear notch over the .150"... Langdon apparently doesn't answer email once the gun is sold, so will have to look elsewhere for a solution.

As I understand it, LTT Elite serial numbers are not being released in order.

From the base, I measure the LTT rear as .290.  Wilson has .270 and .280 rear sights.  Novak has a .278.  That rear sight is easier to replace than the front.

(most pistols will shoot higher with a heavier bullet at reasonable distances  - for some reason?)

Since I want to shoot off the top of the front sight and not the dot;  I went with a .305 Wilson (square notch, flat face).

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Elite, Elite II, Vertec, M9A3, Wilson Brig Tac, etc.

i got mine Langdon a week ago and with the FO front it is the best off the shelf, out of the box production fun of the lot with the best trigger.

this is literally the gun I described like 8 years ago on the beretta forum as what beretta should be making and were fools for not offering a production gun when everyone else was when popularity was rising.

i had not retired from the Army yet back then and between Moore, Fayetteville, Sid Walter Raleigh, Zombie Shooter, etc. I don’t think there was a single weekend you could not find a match if you wanted.  Glock, SA, M&P, etc. we’re all offering off the shelf production guns and beretta was not even in the game.  Which is part in my opinion of how CZ for sompopular, they were paying attention.

• 1 month later...

Question:

When I started shooting IPSC I used a SP01 Shadow in Production Division and the gun was too thin for me to control it well in fast fire. Since then I've been out of the division for want of a fat enough pistol (I'm tall). I've been shooting a CZ Tactical Sports with thick Lok grips (Standard/Limited minor).

Would the 92G LTT be just the ticket for returning to Production Division?

If I understand your question correctly, then yes, the 92 has notably fatter grip than the SP01 and I don't know anyone who really wished the grip on the 92 to be bigger. I find it fairly comfortable and, at 183 cm tall, I have even looked for thinner grip options. As a reference, I shoot Shadow 2 and I use custom sized thick Lok grips to get me enough surface. The 92 grip is shorter but I've not found this to be a problem. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 1:35 AM, YVK said:

If I understand your question correctly, then yes, the 92 has notably fatter grip than the SP01 and I don't know anyone who really wished the grip on the 92 to be bigger. I find it fairly comfortable and, at 183 cm tall, I have even looked for thinner grip options. As a reference, I shoot Shadow 2 and I use custom sized thick Lok grips to get me enough surface. The 92 grip is shorter but I've not found this to be a problem. 

I have shot a Beretta and a CZ. When I got the thin grips on the Beretta the gun actually felt nice and the trigger reach was MUCH shorter than on a CZ. The reason I don't shoot a CZ is because of the trigger reach being so freaking LONG!

Picked up a LTT. Very nice gun I have no regrets. I bought the LTT with trigger job. Great out of the box.....but of course you have to tinker.

Out of the box 13 lbs hammer spring.

Single 3 lbs 7 oz

Double 6 lbs 13 oz

12 lbs hammer spring

Single 3 lbs 4.4 oz

Double 6 lbs 4.2 oz

11 lbs hammer spring

Single 2 lbs 13 oz

Double 5 lbs 8 oz

Checked with a Lyman digital trigger gauge. Buttery smooth. I will keep mine. Have not had a chance yet to check the reliability of the 11 lbs hammer spring. 

Edited by pfcchambers
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Inquiry...

For those who have purchased this pistol and had the Langdon trigger job. Is his “trigger job” essentially his trigger job in a bag or is there more to it?  I’ve inquired at the source but can’t seem to get a reply. Thanks guy!

I have an M9A1that I put Langdon's trigger job in a bag (TJIB) in,  and an LTT pistol that Langdon did the trigger on. The TJIB is a must have for me on any Beretta I own. That said the LTT I bought with the trigger job is nicer. I saw on one of the forums that the TJIB got you to 90% of one of Mr Langdon's trigger jobs.  That's pretty close in my opinion. If I owned the pistol already or was buying a used one TJIB. New I would order another LTT from Langdon Tactical with his trigger job. The trigger on my LTT is one of the best DA pulls I have ever felt. Only 2 S&W revolvers that were worked on were in the same ball park.

God I hope that slaughter of basic grammar and sentence structure makes sense.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 8:35 PM, pfcchambers said:

Picked up a LTT. Very nice gun I have no regrets. I bought the LTT with trigger job. Great out of the box.....but of course you have to tinker.

Out of the box 13 lbs hammer spring.

Single 3 lbs 7 oz

Double 6 lbs 13 oz

12 lbs hammer spring

Single 3 lbs 4.4 oz

Double 6 lbs 4.2 oz

11 lbs hammer spring

Single 2 lbs 13 oz

Double 5 lbs 8 oz

Checked with a Lyman digital trigger gauge. Buttery smooth. I will keep mine. Have not had a chance yet to check the reliability of the 11 lbs hammer spring

Have you had a chance to check the reliability with the 11lb hammer spring yet?

18 hours ago, Attila said:

Have you had a chance to check the reliability with the 11lb hammer spring yet?

So far the 11lb has set off Federal, Winchester and S&B Primers no problem.  Last match I shot the LTT during tear down I found what I am pretty sure was  a Tula round on the ground. I picked it up and put in my pocket till the end of the match to test...it even fired it. Granted that was only run sample of that. But the Federals, Winchester's and S&Bs all have went bang. 

• 3 weeks later...

For the POI issues, have you tried the Wilson rear sight? It comes in two heights. One is made for the dovetail FO front, and the other is made for the old style integral models.  Perhaps the lower one for the Integral sight might bring down your POI.  Might be worth a try. 

Edited by Hany

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 6:07 AM, Hany said:

For the POI issues, have you tried the Wilson rear sight? It comes in two heights. One is made for the dovetail FO front, and the other is made for the old style integral models.  Perhaps the lower one for the Integral sight might bring down your POI.  Might be worth a try.

This is basically what I did with all my 92s. The Les Pepperoni rear has been my go-to since.

• 2 months later...