Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Langdon Elite LTT

Jeff O

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say without handing one. I don't remember the small details how the two are different. I think LTT gun uses that Beretta universal G conversion kit that I do not like aesthetically and prefer the original G levers that Wilson uses. 

I think it will ultimately come down to trigger and sights. I had a WC Brig Tac and trigger out of box was atrocious. I have a WC Cent Tac with Wilson action tune and has a pretty good trigger. I personally wouldn't buy an LTT or WC without having a  trigger job done. 

I am not aware of any sight options that are both good and have something narrower than .150 rear notch. .110 wide front sight inside of .150 rear notch bothered me when I shot the Elite II. 

I went a different route and sent a frankengun Beretta that I already had to LTT for a full workover. Trigger job, all around by-hand magwell, trigger guard undercut, dehorn, my choice of a front sight. It will be expensive, I hope it is also good.

On 7/1/2018 at 6:37 PM, YVK said:

Hard to say without handing one. I don't remember the small details how the two are different. I think LTT gun uses that Beretta universal G conversion kit that I do not like aesthetically and prefer the original G levers that Wilson uses. 

I think it will ultimately come down to trigger and sights. I had a WC Brig Tac and trigger out of box was atrocious. I have a WC Cent Tac with Wilson action tune and has a pretty good trigger. I personally wouldn't buy an LTT or WC without having a  trigger job done. 

I am not aware of any sight options that are both good and have something narrower than .150 rear notch. .110 wide front sight inside of .150 rear notch bothered me when I shot the Elite II. 

I went a different route and sent a frankengun Beretta that I already had to LTT for a full workover. Trigger job, all around by-hand magwell, trigger guard undercut, dehorn, my choice of a front sight. It will be expensive, I hope it is also good.

I want one

Compared to brig tac:

-vertec slide versus brig slide

-fiber front rather than trit vial

-new g lever versus old style

-thinner grips

-front serration on slide

-flush cup rather than lanyard loop

-some reliefs on frame? rounding of slide? that I am actually unsure of details on; the one thing I would have really wanted was a better beavertail but that's sadly not included

The price is sweet compared to the Wilsons in my opinion, $999 stock or $1160 with trigger job including Wilson action bar. 

I have one on order with the trigger job that I hope to have later this month even with the slight delay by Beretta on the first batch. I really don't mind a little delay as if Ernest isn't 100% happy with them that's good enough by me.

I got a copy of this on July 2nd.

Good Afternoon:

We promised to keep you updated. 

We were scheduled to receive the first shipment of the Elite LTT's last Wednesday (sooner than promised), however, we had to reject the shipment due to an elite feature not being incorporated into the build of the frame.  Beretta has jumped on top of it and we have spent the last 3 business days working with them to expedite the fix.  We have pictures showing the new build almost complete already.   

Hats off to the team at Beretta - not only are they on it, they are working on it EXTREMELY fast! 

We should have firearms to us in about a week or two (no fixed date as they are going to send them as soon as possible). We will begin the trigger work for those of you that have ordered trigger jobs immediately. Our plan is the same - the LTT team will be working overtime to get these to you by mid-July(ish).  The estimated delay to you is about 7-10 days. We sincerely apologize. 

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. As MANY of you know, I will respond to you quickly.  

-A

The vertec/M9A3 slide doesn’t have front cocking serrations either.  I’m really interested on this custom model; which is why i’m trying to find-out if LTT is planning to get it approved for Production Division.  It’s not meant to take a job at your input; ‘just trying to make sure before investing a lot of money on a new gun.

13 hours ago, Jeff O said:

So?? The Vertec does. Tell you what, you ladies worry about it.

So, it isn’t a 92G. It isn’t on the production list, not USPSA Production legal until it makes the list.

Why are you so aggressive and why are you giving bunk advice?

Seems like a factory offered new model with its own name, and made from several different guns. I'm sure they will make 2000+ so will be approved quickly.

"Ernest Langdon, owner of Langdon Tactical and overall Beretta guru, has teamed up with Beretta USA to create the new Beretta 92 Elite LTT pistol.

Billed as the “ultimate 92 package,” the 92 Elite LTT features a Vertec/M9A3 slide with front cocking serrations; dovetail fiber optic front and square notch rear sight; stainless 4.7-inch barrel with a target crown; steel guide rod and a beveled rear slide.

Meanwhile, the M9A1 frame sports a checkered front and back strap; beveled mag well with no lanyard loop; exclusive radiused trigger guard and rear slide rail; VZ/LTT G10 grips; stainless steel trigger; and hex head grip screws. In addition, it features an oversized mag release button, a D model hammer spring and a skeletonized hammer.

“Beretta’s commitment to listening and building guns customers request is something shooters have hoped for from all manufacturers,” Ernest Langdon said. “I think this is the most shootable platform to date. We took the favored M9A1 frame, the Vertec slide, adding front cocking serrations, and an exclusive radiused trigger guard to create the flattest and softest shooting full-size 92 package.”

• 1 month later...

I also got one with the trigger job.  It has a very nice trigger pull.  I believe you could get much the same trigger pull with one of the Langdon Trigger Job In A Bag ("TJIAB").  I installed a TJIAB in a different 92G, and am very impressed by that trigger also.  I believe Langdon installed a 13 pound mainspring on the LTT.  I have been experimenting with a 12 pound mainspring on my other 92G, with no failures to ignite cartridges.  I have no experience with the Wilson pistol.  

• 1 month later...

Question for the LTT 92G Elite owners: Are your LTTs shooting POA=POI or do you need 6 o'clock hold?

I rec'd mine last week, and it requires a 6 o'clock hold, which is annoying since every other pistol is setup to shoot POA=POI.  I'm talking 4" high at 10 yards, or need to aim at base of 8" circle to hit COM.  Ammo was Federal SynTech 150g & 147g Minor reloads, both shoot same POI.

If any of you have changed the front sight out, does it take the Dawson Vertec front?  Dawson shows Vertec, Brigadier, Brigadier Elite and 92A1 FO front sights, all with different SKUs.  Does Beretta really use a different dovetail on all these similar pistols?  Madness.

The LTT Rear sight is pretty small, so I don't think a lower rear is an option, I need a taller front to regulate.  LTT Front measures 0.160" tall x 0.115" wide.  Rear notch is 0.150" wide, rear sight 0.195" tall.

I'll contrast this frustrating LTT experience with the Dan Wesson Pointman 9, which shoots POA=POI outta the box with the above ammo; guns are within $150 of each other, so I think its a fair comparison.

Any help on LTT 92G front sight selection would be welcome.

On an unrelated note, if Langdon has to sell 2,000 pistols before the LTT Elite is Production legal, its going to be a while... my serial # under LTT000349 and pistol was shipped 7 days ago.

Wow, I must have bought my shortly after you did, my SN is 00389. I had the trigger job and Ameriglo fiber/tritium sights installed. I now have ran 500 rounds through mine, various weights, 115, 124 and 147. I also ran some hand loaded 100 grain for steel matches. It ate every load without issue.  The indoor range I used to get some accuracy only went to 50 feet. My LTT shot POA/POI in a 1 1/2 inch hole. I used it at a steel match and was hitting at 60 feet POA/POI. I put that big orange dot on the target, pull the trigger and it hits every time. I have carried a 92FS, 92G in law enforcement for over 15 years until we went striker fired guns. I also carried the M9 overseas while mobilized for two years down range. I’ve got a lot of trigger time with the 92 platform. That said this is hands down the best trigger, sights and grips on a 92 series handgun I’ve ever fired. I hate to say it, but has a better trigger than my Sig P226 Leigon after a GrayGuns trigger and reduced hammer spring. I almost bought the WC until another firearms instructor told me about the LTT. I’m glad I went this route. It’s phenomenal!

• 2 weeks later...