Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New and first single stack gun!

Steve-O

Its no custom but I bought a series 70 Colt Competition .45. I shot it some and recently upgraded the trigger to a short flat trigger and trigger job to 2.5 lbs, extended mag release, Wilson Combat larger safety, full length guide rod and Dawson Ice Magwell. It shoots great and has been 100% reliable so far with many different mags. Just wanted to show it off some and ask what belt, holster and mag pouches do you guys recommend? 

IMG_4374 2.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

Nice! Colt has put together a nice pistol, the only problems I've seen has been on the 9mm version, wrong ejector, but the 45s have ran great, at least the few I've seen. Shoot the **** out of it and have fun!

My recommendations:

Double Alpha Academy or CR Speed belt

Red Hill Tactical  (two layer) or Blade Tech holster, with BOSS hanger

Double Alpha Academy mag pouches

You can buy a complete rig at Ben Stoeger Pro shop if you want and save a little.

Warning - none of these are cheap (but they're not ridiculously expensive for what you get either).

1 hour ago, Almo said:

My recommendations:

Double Alpha Academy or CR Speed belt

Red Hill Tactical  (two layer) or Blade Tech holster, with BOSS hanger

Double Alpha Academy mag pouches

You can buy a complete rig at Ben Stoeger Pro shop if you want and save a little.

Warning - none of these are cheap (but they're not ridiculously expensive for what you get either).

+1 on redhill, I do have a boss and the only complaint I have is mostly based on my body type, the vertical bar digs in and I get a little numbness in my hip at a long match. I will say you can't beat the boss for being able to put the holster in the right place for you. DAA belts are sweet! Ghost 360 mag pouches with the single stack spacer(Stoeger Pro shop) work well also and are a bit cheaper.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:43 PM, Steve-O said:

Its no custom but I bought a series 70 Colt Competition .45. I shot it some and recently upgraded the trigger to a short flat trigger and trigger job to 2.5 lbs, extended mag release, Wilson Combat larger safety, full length guide rod and Dawson Ice Magwell. It shoots great and has been 100% reliable so far with many different mags. Just wanted to show it off some and ask what belt, holster and mag pouches do you guys recommend? 

How do you like the flat trigger?

Great looking gun. 

Ididnt want to get specific single stack mag carriers so I'm using the DAA racer (plastic version) with the single stack spacer. It's pretty versatile, by changing out the included spacers I can use CZ small frame, Glock, tanfoglio large frame, 1911, sig 320, etc etc. The ghost 360 would do the same if you get the single stack spacer. 

I bought a cheaper blade tech 1911 holster and it's completely adequate.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:52 AM, Steve-O said:

I like it better because it feels more consistent. 

I agree. I just a flat trigger to my SA 1911. It is hard to describe, but my finger just feels more natural and correctly positioned on the flat trigger. I really like it.

Nick Berger /  Berger Precision makes an excellent and affordable single stack legal hanger. 

I like the DAA belt because it’s the stiffest, rht holster, and DAA racer pouches set to run bullets out. 

Nice looking gun 

Double Alpha belt and racer mag pouches 

Red Hill Tactical holster with there SS drop offset makes a sweet setup 

Robert at Red Hill can hook you up with everything