Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Full Size Recoil Spring

rougeqc21

Question, what lb recoil spring are you running on your P320F? I am getting some anemic ejections just barely 2 feet away from me using a 15lb spring that is brand new shooting Aguila 115s. Tried some bluelakes 147s and those similarly just sputter out. A 13# didn't make a lot of difference though they did eject a foot or so further. Just wondering what folks are running out there.

Also, when running the 147s, I have had some double feeds for the first time ever. So that is what led med down the spring rate path.

Edited by rougeqc21

I'm running a 13# in and p320RX full size with 147 Blue Bullets at 130 Power factor on a GGI stainless rod and have had zero problems. Stock Sig 21 round mags and 17 rounders have never done anything but work. With the stock spring and rod I did see some brass hit the dot, but with a 15# and a 13# spring that quite happening. I will say that I have not really watched my ejection but it has never been a problem.

Some good variety in poundage here, haha. Any of y'all have an approximate idea on how far ejection is going? Maybe 2 feet is normal on these pistols... My S2 & 92 slings em 6ish feet is why I am curious.

I don’t decide what recoil spring weight I’ll use based only on the ejection rate of the cases. I focus more on the reliability and how much muzzle rise/flip or lack thereof to get me back quickly on target for faster target reacquisition. I also tailor it to my loads and as of right now, the 10# springs works well with my 130pf reloads.